Well whaddayouknow ....

The treadmill is still not in action. Mr T has figured out what IS wrong with it, but not how to fix it. I said we'll just get someone out to fix it. Easier said than done. I've phoned everywhere that sell the equipment but they don't do servicing. How stupid. So I just googled treadmill maintenance opened up one. And there it was. "If your Treadmill Reads Err7 it has got out of balance. It is a mechanism to protect the incline motor and is easily set. " Could have laughed out loud. And is easy to reset - if the instructions are as easy as they say they are.

I was disapointed on Monday to get on the scales to see a wee gain, but this morning I'm happy to see it all gone as well as a few extra grams.

My eating has been pretty decent lately and I'm even managing to drink water. Normally a couple of 750ml bottles. The real nice thing is that my appetite has decreased a lot. I'm not feeling hungry and when I do eat its not that much. So watching my portion sizes is definitely helping. I'm wearing a skirt today that last week I couldn't do up. What a boost is that. Life is continuing to be nice to me and I'm making the most of it.

On Sunday, our first real nice day we've had for ages - we decided to go for a walk through the Redwoods. Decided to take the hour walk. First half hour was great. Then just into the second half I just couldn't breathe. I had to stop. I was wheezing and just able to take short breaths. I started to freak out and I was panicking. I managed to get a grip on myself and just concentrate on short breaths to try and calm myself. the wheezing never stopped but I was able to keep going by taking short breaths. Now I knew I was unfit and expected I might be huffing and puffing but it wasn't that. Three hours later I was still wheezing. I've had nights that I've woken up, gone to the loo and ended up out of breath. I thought it was the slight cold I had at the time. Now I don't believe it. I think my symptons are more asthmatic. I've never had asthma. But I've looked at the symptons and they seem very familiar. I just didn't think you could develop it as an adult. So off the the doctor to get it checked out. At least I might be able to get an inhaler so it won't stop me from walking.

Mr T and I are heading off to Auckland tomorrow for a few nights. I will be attending conference and he will be relaxing. I think we're both really looking forward to just getting away for a few days. A sort of a mini honeymoon. Bliss.

And I do have photos in my camera and I will post them just as soon as i can get off FB and that wretched Farmtown that's consumed me and load them.

Catch ya later, Ciao.

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful few days away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the mini honeymoon and isn't Google just like having every encyclopedia in the world at your fingertips! Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time out!! bummer about the tready...that sux big time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend all going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ya,

    That wheezing thing sounds exactly like what I get in cold (crisp) conditions. I ended up in Asburton hospital one night when on holiday in a camper van a few years ago.

    My breathing became wheezing and it was exactly like they say asthma is (ie, like gasping through a straw to try and get enough air). A few puffs on ventilin at the hospital saw everything settle down.

    Then a few days later the same thing happened in Greymouth, (at night just as I was about to go to bed) so off to Greymouth hospital.

    I was told it was the cold that was causing it but its effectively asthma which I had never had before and never had since. I now have my own puffer just in case it ever hits again, because its awful and a little scary when you feel like you can't breath properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great few days away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts