Spring is round the corner

These past couple of days I can feel the change in the weather. The sun’s been gloriously warm and sunny. Beautiful clear blue skies. I can feel spring and summer coming. I’m starting to get a bit more pep in my step.
The past few weeks have been dreadful. The weather has been a little depressing with heavy frosts and southerly gales but the snow was awesome. I’ve never seen it snow in the city before. They said it was a once in 50 year event. I guess they were right.

We’ve also had a month of bad sickness. I’ve spent so much at the Dr’s , optometrist and chemist between us all that I know I am really in the wrong profession. Tomorrow I’ve got a dentist appointment and I know I won’t be walking out of there shy of $200. I’ve had real bad sinus, eczema in my ears (which means I haven’t been able to hear) and now and abycess tooth that has to come out. Mr T’s suffered from a very bad sinus infection that has come back about three times. Josh has had headaches, developed an allergy to something that brought him out in welts and very itch and now he’s got full boyflu. But the good news is that we are all slowly getting and feeling better every day. Hopefully just in time to catch springfever.

I haven’t been near the scales. My focus hasn’t been on losing weight, just feeling better so I’m not interested in what they say. I’ve been pretty good though with what I’ve been eating so I’m hoping I won’t get a shock when I finally do step on them.

August is the time I start getting serious again about losing weight for summer. Once I’m on top of all my ails I really to find some kind of exercise that I can do and keep up with. At the moment my obvious choices are walking and going back to the pool for some aqua jogging. From the past the aqua jogging really helps tone my arms and legs in a relatively short time. I think it may be my technique.

Besides I really want to feel “fit” again.

Comments

  1. geeeeeee hope your're all feeling 100% soon!!

    I must get back up to the rec center and find out when they day aqua classes, nights it is just too cold, I miss it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ya doing Chick?
    Is it dreadful weather today for you... it sure is here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts