Colin & Lee-Anne ~ 29th March 2008

Finally the day had arrived. I felt quite calm and relaxed which was the total opposite of the previous two days. To say I was stressed to the max is an understatement. I was really wound up and panicky. Poor Krystal was doing her best to cheer me up and keep me calm. After the wedding rehearsal on Friday night we went back to the hotel and ended up having a family dinner. I realized then that was it. If we’d missed something, then too bad. So I finally relaxed.

So Saturday morning we all woke up and started our day off downstairs with breakfast. Then we moved most of our things up to the Bridal Suite. The guys went for their haircuts first and then we girls followed at 11. By the time we got back to the Hotel it was around 1ish at which time Brucena turned up to do our makeup. Janelle and Nick turned up around 2 and we sent Nick down to the guys rooms to get dressed with instructions for both him and Matt to be back at 3. Everything went like clockwork and we were all dressed and ready just after 3 when the boys came up. Janelle went with Col and the boys to the Rose Garden.

The wedding was at 3.30 so we just relaxed and chatted away quite happily – no nerves – then 5 minutes before we were ready to leave Krystal broke the strap on her shoe. There was no way we could fix it. As they were ankle straps she decided to take them off and try to walk in them. Well, yes she could – but not very well. At that stage I wasn’t worried if she walked down the aisle in barefeet. But she was determined.

Finally we left our room and went down to reception where the limousine was ready and waiting for us. After checking to make sure that the food was in the boot off we went. The Rose Garden was only a few blocks away so it didn’t take us long to get there. When we pulled up I admit the butterflies started fluttering a wee bit.

So there we were all ready to make our entrance. The girls started off and I was about to follow when Jamie comes running down the aisle and right past us. “Dad’s forgotten the rings” . You have got to be kidding. But no he wasn’t as he ran to our car and took off doing the clappers. I couldn’t believe it. But the limo driver came to our rescue. Bless him. Without skipping a beat he said – this calls for a glass of bubbly. So while our guests were waiting we were behind the trees having some bubbly.

Jamie arrived back, we finished our glass and made our entrance. I can remember being a little tearful walking down the aisle. But it was really great to see everyone and especially the rest of my family waiting for us at the end.

Things happened a little bit differently than what happened at the rehearsal the night before but at the end of it all we were married. If it seemed a wee bit different – that’s okay, because that’s exactly what we are – different - and all Colin and I wanted was that our kids to enjoy our wedding day as much as us and they did.

We had a decanter and vases with different shades of sand. One for my family and one for Col’s. All of us were to pour our sand in to symbolise us coming together as one family. I was going to sort out the sand at the hotel, but Col said he would do it so I left it in his hands. Unbeknownst to it didn’t get done till he was at the Rose Garden. I also wasn’t aware of the fact the bucket with the sand in broke and the sand ended up on the ground. There was a mad panic, apparently my witches broom came in handy, and they had just finished sorting it out when the limo pulled up. It explains why one vase was a bit multi coloured. It was at this time Josh said to Col, Dad where’s the rings. It was his job. The Marriage Celebrant couldn’t believe it. Hence Jamie’s mad dash back to the Hotel.

After mingling and having a few photo’s taken the whole family climbed in the limousine. It was a bit tight with nine of us. Out came the bourbon’s and the wine and we had a leisurely drive down to the Government Gardens for some more photo’s. It turned out to be a popular day for weddings as there were three others having photo’s taken as well. So we drove around the other side by the Blue Baths and had ours taken there. We must have spent about an hour and a half down there. The hotel packed us a super hamper full of goodies and refreshments. We just had a big family picnic in between photos.

The kids were all just being themselves and Kelly decided to climb up one of the trees. Next thing they’re all up there. Fantastic photos. Our own family tree, lol.

Finally we made our way back, a bit earlier than expected as the limo driver had to be somewhere so we made a quick drive thru The Mill and we got some bourbons for the kids for later.

We arrived back at the Hotel and made our grand entrance. The bridal table was seated for 10. We wanted all our family up there so Nick had Janelle next to him and Kelly had her boyfriend Troy next to her. We managed to get through the rest of formalities. None of us had prepared any speeches but we all managed it. With the cutting of the cake all formalities had been done and now we were able to enjoy the evening.

The rest of the night just disappeared so fast. We all enjoyed ourselves. Everybody we spoke to did too. I never got to all the tables which I was a bit gutted about. With dancing and talking – time just flew.

As things started to wind down we headed up to our room. Lyn and Bill and Pete and Linda came up and we had another drink.

We ended up with another visit from the kids who decided they wanted to stay the night, so at the last minute we ended up with another room. Col wasn’t too happy about a few things I can tell you.

We finally climbed into bed at some hour. Mr and Mrs T at last. We had a wonderful day. And we had a wonderful honeymoon.

We have wonderful memories of our special day. Here are some.























































Before I leave I just want to say that I adore being Mrs T. I love saying my husband instead of my partner. And most importantly I am deeply in love with my husband and everyday I get to live and laugh with this man. And everyday he gives back to me the same. I am having an affair with my husband and I don't intend on giving him up.

Comments

  1. You look absolutely STUNNING Lee-Anne! All the photos are so beautiful, I'm having a little cry!

    Congratulations again, the photos are so beautiful.. one big happy family!! You know, if I didn't know already, I couldn't tell at all which kids belonged to who.. you all really look like a family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting those pics chickey! And yes you looked stunning on the day and I feel priveledged to have been asked to be a part of it! THANKYOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning and so did the girls!! Like Kate - I had a few tears as well!! Love ALL the photos, the phone box ones, the tree ones... The flowers were beautiful. All of you look so happy, really a beautifully blended family:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what awesome photos - you guys look fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic wedding, everyone looks beautiful/handsome and your dress is gorgeous (especially the back).

    What a BIG happy family you all look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful wedding day you had Lee-Anne - and I can think of no two people more deserving of happiness than you and Col. You waited a long time for this, and I'm glad it was everything you were hoping for.

    I love the photos. You look so stunning!! I recognised a lot of the places where you had photos taken!

    Enjoy being Mrs T (but it sounds like you already are!!)

    Big email coming to you soon. I have lots to tell you :)

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee-Anne what absolutely gorgeous pictures ...am having a cry right this minute...am so overwhelmed by the love you express for Col.... and you can see his love for you is such a beautiful gift ...have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics....espesially love the black and white portrait of you both and the family tree....thanks for posting them, likewise the love expressed has bought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely to see all the photos - you looked drop dead gorgeous - just love that colour on you. Can't make up my mind which is my favourite photo - but hot favourites would be the black and white and the phone box one, oh and then there's the 'family tree' - it's all too hard!! So glad to hear how much happier you are - wonderful what being back in control does for us isn't it. Keep on faking!!! Love Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pics you look georgeous, so glad everything went well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee-Anne,

    These pic's are gorgeous!!!!
    You look so beautiful and I love love love the colour scheme...I'm a sucker for purple myself :)
    Truly stunning pics...thanks for sharing!

    Cheers P
    www.slimming4health.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg... beautiful photos....
    I have got goosebumps just looking at them... You look amazing and oh so happy... i dearly hope it lasts forever..... You both deserve it...
    Almost makes me want to reconsider getting married again....
    (poor Mark has asked many times!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts