Friday's post ...

Sorry, thought I'd posted this on Friday.


Yesterday’s weigh in was a loss of 100gms. Not a lot. Wished it had of been a lot more considering I have been really good lately. Just as well I’m not in my hormonal state right now otherwise I’d probably be going what’s the point and giving up. But I don’t want to give up. I’m probably going to have this battle with myself for the rest of my life so I might as well just get use to it. It’s not how many times we fall down – it’s how many times we pick ourselves up. Right.

Next week I will just dig in a little deeper.

Now I never told you what my mother’s day pressie was. Don’t go telling me I’m a spoilt tart – because I know. My pressie was a housekeeper!!!!!!!! Woo bloody hoo, I shite you not. Got home from work last Friday and I thought I’d gone to the wrong house. Ha, ha. It was amazing. It was so clean and smelt so nice. She was good. She’d wiped the skirting boards, door frames, light switches and totally wiped everything down in the laundry. I had a dream of a weekend. I never had to worry about spending my Sunday cleaning.

Kelly had jacked it up and Col saw how much easier it was for us decided to make it permanent. It's also a helluva lot easier to keep clean. I've been more "on tuit" and making sure people pick up after themselves and instead of thinking what the hey.

This is going to be huge for me in so many ways. In the past weightloss is successful for me if everything in my life is in a good place. This covers all areas: relationship, family, work, general wellbeing. Having a clean house is definitely related to my wellbeing as I feel great when I have a clean house. When I don't get to do everything I need to, I feel terrible and it's like a huge burden on top of me. Instead of getting motivated to clean I tend to shut down and not do anything. So then I feel bad. Lazy, useless and end up making myself feel like crap. But now, I feel a lot more bouncy. I have a nice clean house. I have more time to do other things at the weekends and in the evenings.

This morning I quickly went around and straightened a few things before the housekeeper got there. I know I'm not suppose to do this, but I'll learn eventually. Besides there's always dusting and vacumming and other rooms to be done.

So I'm looking forward to a clean house and a nice semi relaxing weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend too.

Ciao

Comments

  1. Nothing like a housekeeper....I got one a year ago when I found I was getting down and out about myself coz I couldn't cope with work and having to clean and tidy a house. It is so worth it, and yep there is nothing better than coming home to a clean house!! Keeps me smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you re the housekeeper - we have one who comes in once every fort-night and it is the best money we spend in the month. I also go around tidying up but that is because I believe she is there to clean not tidy up - my family laugh when I make them tidy up before she comes in !!!!

    Take care and look after yourself !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved having a housekeeper too... trouble was I always felt like I could do a better job! And some of them just ripped us off and did bugger all.. I even caught one reading a book in the garage (hiding out) !!! So now I just do it all.... You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Crap... a friggin housecleaner... You win for sure.... And I thought my 1100 thread count sheet set was a winner... haha
    I know what you mean about keeping on top of things to stay happy... My house looks like a bomb has gone off coz I am never home to do anything about it.. just dump and run... now hopefully I can get ontop of it this weekend...
    One room at a time....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts