Buzzing ....

Had a good weekend. I think I’ve got my mojo back. I’m feeling quite switched on. Actually I’m feeling quite chuffed with myself. The past three days has seen me on the treadmill quite a bit. A huge contrast to my normal weekends I can tell you. The pedometer is definitely a contributing factor making me more accountable to move more each day. (Just hope I don’t drown this one in the loo). Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights saw me after work on the tready. Normally I would just come home have a glass of wine and blob.

Sunday I did 5 k’s. It took me 1.03 hrs – which is okay because there’s room for improvement and improve is all I can do. I have been a couch potato that’s for sure. But anyway I was just really buzzing afterwards. I remembered when you’ve had a good workout you really don’t feel like eating crap.

I did discover however that my pedometer doesn’t like my jeans. On Saturday I worked out on the floor at the workshop. Doing heaps of cleaning and getting the joinery ready to go out today. You work up a real sweat I can tell you. You know how disappointed I was to discover that all day until I got home I had only done 1800 steps – in 7 hours!!!! That is so wrong. So while Col was watching his fishing programmes I got on the tready and made that number look a helluva lot better. Still not 10,000 tho. Maybe my jeans are folding over or they’re too tight round my waist. I don’t know. Has anybody else had this problem?

Saturday’s steps - 6,142
Sunday’s steps - 11,828

Feeling dozy today. I left my cellphone at work on Friday. I was trying to be staunch and tell myself that I could get by without it. But I rely on it for so many things. One of these things is it’s my alarm clock. Imagine my panic last night when I was wondering how the hell I was going to wake up in time this morning. I would have used Col’s phone only his was as dead as the dodo bird and he’d left his charger at work. I’d thrown the alarm clock from hell out when I had decluttered some of our bedroom. I put myself in a right tizz I can tell you. I went to bed at 8.30 and I was awake at midnight. Then I started panicking again and I tossed and turned till about 3 when I remembered Jamie starts at 6 on Mondays so I got up and wrote him a note to bang on my door when he left. He did knock and I managed to get everyone else up on time. But I have to tell ya I seriously considered throwing a sickie today.

Rest assured my phone is in my jacket pocket.

Hope I can just make it till the end of the day.

Ciao.

Comments

  1. Pedometer... yes I have had that problem.. just today! I walked the kids to school, then I walked up to the doctors and back... and it said I had done 167 steps!!! NOT FAIR... I know for a fact that it's 2 kms to school and back, and 3 kms to Drs and back! Dunno how many steps that is .... but you can bet it isn't 167! I was wearing jeans too.... I think the pedometer was upside down with the waistband having 'rolled' over! All my jeans do that! Must clip pedometer to ones knickers when wearing jeans! THAT works! I am calculating how far 1 km is in steps from the rest of my day's counting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think pedometers are like that, each one of mine has done the same (and I live in jeans)....maybe you have to spend a bit on them and get a "good " one....not sure of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that happen with peodometers as well. Walk and walk and sometimes they barely register. I found it can depend a bit on the placing on your body, check it is more towards your hip. WW have a good accurate one - but it is chunky looking.

    You are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this sounds odd but on the days where I wore socks I always clipped the pedometer to those and that worked perfectly (only problem is I didn't wear socks everyday).

    Sounds like your doing really well - EXCELLENT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts