Where's my winter coat ....

Monday

Damn it’s cold. Tonight by the time I get home the fire will be blazing and the roast lamb just about cooked. Yum, yum.

I had a really relaxed weekend. Nothing that was really too hard or too taxing. I worked Saturday and then we ended up going out for dinner to Lone Star. Haven’t been there since last year and just felt like the Dixie Chicken. I wasn’t too bad either as I took half of it home and had it for lunch the next day.

Sunday Col finally managed to go fishing. He and his friend took Josh and his boys fishing. They had a blast. All the kids caught fish!!! Not just little ones – but big ones. Kahowai and Trevelley. They were so excited.

Me. What did I do. Well I did plan on going over to Tauranga and going shopping but I wouldn’t of had a vehicle. The day was a bit cold and wet here so I decided to stay home in front of the fire, watch a dvd and enjoy total peace and quiet. It was devine. I had 6 whole hours of ME time. So precious.

After having such a crappy last few weeks I feel like I have really turned the corner. Things are starting to become really manageable. I’m doing a “Zanna” and I’m going to fake it till I make it. I’m following Jaxx’s walking plan in prep for Taupo. At the moment I’m so unfit it’s ridiculous. But I know the benefits of what regular exercise can do for you.

I’ve started tracking my food again! I’m totally hopeless. But I’ll just aim for one day at a time right. Baby steps. The fridge at work is full of tomatoes, ww cheese slices, yoghurt, philly cheese, cottage cheese and fruit. The cupboard has cup of soups, ww cereal bars, Kavili crispbread and pretzels. This is to tide me when I get the urge to eat. Low point stuff to keep me away from the snack box. Evil snack man put an extra box of chippies in cause he noticed they were all gone. Wicked evil man I tell you. I’ve got a great crockpot site that literally has hundreds of great recipes. With this cooler weather coming I need to get plenty of mileage out of it. Nothing quite like coming home to the smell of dinner cooking.

So another week has begun. I’m going to be nice to myself and look after myself.

Tuesday update

I have the wedding photo’s!!!!! Better go and do the update for you – with pics of course.

Comments

  1. Good to hear life is a bit smoother for you!! It does help having the healither options around for snacks.

    Not long until we see those photos now:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts