Child Free . . . .

At last.

Josh is away this week - visiting his half brother on his mothers side in Hamilton.  If anyone can understand his mother it's him as he went through the same thing.  He ended up going to live with his father too.

So Mr T and I are home alone.  Woohoo.  I need a break truly as I was starting to get close to clobbering him.  Teenagers.  I'm getting tired of having to tell him over and over again to do things.  Colin does too, but you know - in one ear and out the other.  

Anyhow, moving on because I'm feeling great.  About five minutes after Josh left I felt quite carefree again.  No hassles, not having to repeat myself, no timeframes to stick to, ie cooking, cleaning etc . . . I can be more relaxed about everything.  And for this to happen as daylight savings switches on . . . perfect.  The weather could have been a little bit nicer but the last couple of days have been great and coming home from work and being outside is a wonderful feeling.  

With the warmer weather not that far away I decided I'd go down to the garden centre close to work and get a few plants.  As I was walking I could only get what I could carry which is probably a good thing.

I got some nice petunias for one of the pots on the deck.  Beautiful colour.





And capsicum, tomatoes and a couple of strawberry plants for the pots on the deck as well.



I figure at the weekend I'll waterblast the deck and get everything nice and tidy and ready for some outdoor living.  I so love this time of the year.

They had a lot of wall art that I liked as well.  There were a lot more but I felt like a spy taking the photos.  There was a wine holder one which was awesome.  Wouldn't mind that.  Damn, I should have taken a photo of it, then I could have shown Mr T and he might get it for me.



I've been eating really well too.  I'm enjoying experimenting with a few more recipes as well.  I'm looking forward to being a few kilo's lighter once the warmer weather hits.

Overall I'm feeling pretty good.  I don't care if it's the weather or just everything finally righting itself, I'm just pleased  not to be stressed.  When you're in a happy state of mind - things around you seem to get a lot better.  

I'm going to  make the most of this time.

Ciao


Comments

  1. Glad you are getting some time out, something I am missing at the moment, thanks to kids and boyfriends/girlfriends etc... I have a few hours to myself this afternoon "BLISS". The weather today finally feels a bit like spring at last, am tidying up a bit outside myself today :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand about that feeling of when the teenagers are gone you can relax... and my teenagers are actually mine..lol But yes..they don't friggen listen and we have to be like a stuck record.. all normal apparently sheesh!!!
    i am beside myself with stress and tryign to take each day as it comes.. bring on our holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep Teenagers, an interesting species. Work out what are the most important things you want him to do and pick your battles. Also, on weekends especially, don't cater your timetable to his, if he is hungry he is more than capable of getting himself lunch or dinner, or waiting until a time that suits you. Good Luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fact that I can come home to total bliss, no noise, no kids...just hubby. After a day in the shopping centre listening to screaming kids (and mothers) and canned music all day long, there is nothing better than home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts