2014 - Here I come . . .

Ready or not.

Probably not ready but I've decided no matter what I'm going to hold my head up high and deal with everything as it comes instead of putting my head down and hoping it will go away.

So here I am - back at work.  The break went way too fast.  I feel like I haven't even had a break.  First Saturday Sunday we did nothing - just wound down after a tiring year.  Then it was getting ready for Christmas which we spent with Mr T's family and then we had the kids all out on the Thursday.  Before you knew it the first week was gone.  Then the second week was real patchy weather, thunderstorms etc that we didn't do much.  It was my son's birthday and we decided to go to the beach for a change as both my boys have just got the fishing bug this year and are very keen.

Here's a few photos . . . you may have seen them on Facebook.

Christmas Day ...

The grandies got one "big" present from us (Kayla and Lucas got bikes and Sophia got a baby and stroller) 

Then we just filled up Santa sacks for them from Coin Save and they had a ball.  I was delighted too, because I didn't have to wrap them up!!!!





Little Miss Serious


Poppa's recorders were a hit for the kids, not so much for their parents tho . . .




Quiet time . . .



 Playtime . . .




Beach time . . .










The newest edition to the family . . .   Wally

Jedi Mouse Hunter in training . . . judging by the scatches on my leg we shouldn't have any more unwelcome visitors.



We popped over to Tauranga on Saturday to see my mum and deliver the last of the pressies.  Took Master Lucas with us to visit GG.


Naturally he conned sweetalked us into taking him to the park.










So I'm back into my second week of work and typically the weather has been perfect.  Go figure.  Just as well as there's a few long weekends coming up - not to mention birthday week.  

So back into healthy living and routine.

Ciao

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely break! I only got a few days.. all work and no play makes for a dull Wanna!!!
    Healthy living and routine... yes.. sounds like a priority for 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep…trying the healthy living and routine too…note the word trying.

    Have a fantastic 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a happy birthday and enjoy your time away :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts