All quiet on the homefront . . .



Blogland has gone quiet and I’m just as much to blame cause I’ve been pretty lousy myself when it comes to blogging. 

I’m trying to be careful what I write as normally after I say everything fine the crap jumps up and bites me in the arse.  So I’m careful not to jinx myself.

I fell off a ladder a couple of weeks ago and landed fair squat on my back although it was my butt that wore the brunt of it.  Funny no bruising  but I still find it hard to bend over, just as well there’s plenty of padding to cushion the fall.

Got home from work last night and Mr T told me he’d fallen off the ladder as well and he’s sprained his hand.  Flippin heck what a pair we are.    I don’t think we’ll risk going ice skating anytime soon.

I haven’t been on the scales for a while – I think I’m still doing okay.  I’m eating well and no crap so I should be okay for a weigh in tomorrow.

I’m busy at the work at the moment.  I’ve got a project happening.  Next year is the 20th anniversary of our scholarship programme.  I’ve been there since the beginning.  I am starting to feel old now.  But I just want to say I do love my job 95% of the time.  I do look after the scholarship portfolio and that’s nearly 900 students in that time and over $6million in grants.  So many of those students have done some amazing things and I’ve lobbied the Trustees to publish a book on where they are now and how far they have come.  I’m having a ball.  But it’s not always easy to track them down but Facebook and Linkedin are great and I’m able to track a lot them down through those avenues.  I prefer Linkedin as that tracks their career paths.  Can’t wait to get the book together. 

Righto, I’m going to sign off and next time maybe blog about something more interesting.

Ciao for now. xx

Comments

  1. How neat that you do love your job. There is nothing worse than having a job that you hate.
    STAY OFF LADDERS!!! I fell off one a few months ago.. got a massive bruise on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear when someone loves their job !!! I love mine about 5% of the time - OK seriously, probably a bit more but not much !!!
    Ouch about falling off the ladder - so long as you haven't done any long term damage - take care next time you are up one !
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger about the ladder accidents, hey do you want to catch up in the next week or two for lunch, let me know when you are free, I am sure I can fit it in with my busy NOT life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee…the two of you both falling off ladders…bugga!!

    Makes it easier to go to work if you love your job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh the book sounds like a fun project!! I wish I would say I enjoy my job 95% of the time!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts