Life is like a box of chocolates . . . you never know what you're going to get



So -  what you don't know has really been happening in my world is that they have been doing an "Office Realignment"  otherwise known as restructuring where I work.

I have worked here for 20 years.  I love my job.  I love being involved in the community I live in helping to make it a better place.

About three years ago something "happened" which started a battle of personalities which has led to the office realignment.

We are not a very big office - we were only 7 now we are 5 with one more person leaving in a month or so.

Last week we were given a proposal of what the organisation is planning to do.

Of the remaining 4 jobs only one will remain.  And it isn't mine.  Three are being disestablished.  My position is now going to become 2 part time admin positions. 

I am collateral damage.

Am I allowed to say that to get rid of two people they had to make sure that it didn't look like they were personally targetting them otherwise there could well be a lawsuit involved.  So my job has been minimalised as well.

We now have the opportunity to provide feedback before they make the final decision on the 23rd of July.

I have plenty to say.

How am I feeling?  Well pretty fair to say I've been pretty upset and emotional.  

20 years of loyalty doesn't seem to count these days.





However,  I'm not 100% convinced the planned proposal will go ahead.  Because it doesn't make sense and it's ridiculous.  

I have a couple of plans in place so will just wait and see what the 23rd July brings then things will be a bit clearer.

At the moment I am just trying to be positive and professional.







Comments

  1. How unfair is that!!
    Why do these "realignments" have to happen? If its not broke, don't fix it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks!!!! I am so sorry you have to go through all this, especially after 20 years!! Tell them you want both part time admin jobs :-) - will that add up to full time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready when you are for a catch up - just say when :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that just sucks. Stew can commiserate, his company has restructured and disestablished plenty of jobs over the past 2 years or so. He's just so lucky to still have a job. I hope things work out for you chick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts