Busy times ....

Amazing how time flies. I'm sorry we still don't have the wedding photo's. Col’s BIL did our photo’s and his dad passed away yesterday so it is something that is out of our control and obviously something we won’t push at this time . We aren't worried because we know they'll be great. But I won't be posting about the wedding until I have them. Sorry. I know you're waiting to see them.

However Linda emailed me one signing the register ….





On Tuesday I went to Napier to a funeral. My girlfriend’s sister passed away and I needed to be there for her. Unfortunately Tuesday was not a great day to travel. I remember getting to Taupo and very nearly turning back. Visibility was nearly zero and the roads were heavily flooded. I had the wipers on full all the way to Napier just so I could see, the rain was that heavy. But I kept going and I made it doing between 70 & 80 kmph most of the way. When I saw her it was worth it. The drive home was just as horrendous. It wasn’t till later that night when I switched on the late night news that I heard about the tragedy at the Outdoor Centre. I certainly can understand how the stream filled up so quickly. It’s so sad.

My ribs are finally feeling a lot better since I slipped in the pool at Raro. It’s taken nearly three weeks to heal properly. Finally I’m able to sleep through the night instead of waking every time I move. It has not been nice.

So now I can start walking every other night to get ready for the half marathon in Taupo in August. I certainly need to raise my energy levels and this is an achieveable goal to work towards. I have been so inspired by Jaxx and what she’s accomplished so far this year. I’m going to try my hardest to switch my lightbulb on like hers.

The over indulgence in Raro caught up to me this week so it’s back to the drawing board. I was not at all organised this week and ended up eating a bit of crap so this week I’m going to sit down and plan ahead and shop for what I need.


Okay well I shall disappear now it’s nearly wine o’clock and I am looking forward to a bit of relaxing. You all have a happy and safe weekend.

Ciao

Comments

  1. You look stunning in the photo. Looking forward to seeing the rest when they are ready and hearing about the wedding:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine o'clock hey..... Sounds good to me...
    Love the pic... looking forward to seeing the rest..I love the choice of wedding attire!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts