Shameful beginnings …. But we all have to start somewhere

I've come to confess.

I’ve thought long and hard about this and it was not an easy decision. I’ve let my eating get out of control. In the last four weeks I have really piled on the weight. I do not like it. I do not like myself. I’m dealing with lots of things at the moment and one thing I don’t need is to be carrying this extra weight. It’s destructive and eating away at my self esteem and I can’t let that happen.

I have also attended two funerals in the past couple of weeks. Both died too young. I owe it to my husband and family to hang around as long as I possibly can so I need to get fit and healthy.

I’m going to turn things around with the help of this blog. So I’m going to start with the hard bit. I wasn’t going to do this but this morning I weighed:


77.6 kg.

I don’t like it and I’m very ashamed. But it’s only going down from here.

I’m going to weigh in every Thursday and post it here. The good, the bad and the not so ugly.

And the wedding photo’s ARE coming. Along with the story.

Comments

  1. Lift that shame off your head. There is nothing to be ashamed about.

    As my mum says to me, "Baby steps". The following is her advice to me when I am so far down I can't see straight...

    Write everything that is getting to you, no matter how trivial, down on a peice of paper. Then, one by one - attack each item. Deal with them one and a time instead of multi tasking and worrying yourself sick over them.

    Again, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You are a woman who has had alot going on in the past few weeks. 2 funerals? A wedding, possibly an indulgent honeymoon (hello! That's a rule isn't it?), working two jobs, running a household, mothering children still and possibly going through a life change. Who WOULDN'T turn to a bit of comfort food?

    Get everything you need to, out of your head then take baby steps to help you through each day but for the love of all things good, please give yourself a break and show you a little love.

    Cause we love you ya know.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Further to my email, I also started to think about the highs and lows of life you are going through. The wedding and the excitement leading up to it, then the honeymoon and holiday, then back to reality and also a couple of funerals.

    I also agree with miss beck - nothing at all to be ashamed about. I like her suggestions as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee-Anne I to have felt ashamed in the past for gaining weight but a wise lady ( you may know her :)) told me I had nothing to be ashamed of and with a few other kind words helped me get back on track....so listen to the wise one and know that we are all here to support you..am so dying to see your wedding pics

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts