Doesn't time go by ....

These days just seem to be rolling into the next one so fast. 

Life in the fast lane is going okay so far.  Not too many dramas.  We had a family get together last week.  With everything that has been happening we haven't had the time to catch up with everyone all the time.  So Kelly arranged a family dinner at LoneStar after work.

Both our granddaughters were there.  Took photos but not all of them loaded - they've just disappeared.  Buggar what's going on with my camera.

Little Miss Kayla getting stuck into dinner



Kelly and Dave


Josh, Janelle and baby Sophia


And that was all.  The rest disappeared.  The photos of the boys and me and Mr T.

Food wise I'm doing well.  Despite the fact that I've had TOM twice in the last couple of weeks I saw a 73.9 flash up.  I took the last of my haymakers pie to work the other day and had it for lunch with some salad.  Boy did it full me up. I've noticed  that I've felt a bit of hunger off and on the past few weeks so I need to do a recheck and plan my meals a bit more during the week as these are the times that the hunger hits.

So yesterday I made some more haymakers pie.

Ready for the oven



I add a bit of onion, tomato paste and worchester sauce to my sausage mix for an extra bit of flavour.  Then I line it in the bottom of the dish.  Then I spread some more tomato paste over the top, chopped up spinach, two slices of streaky bacon cut in half,  some more onion, eggs and cream poured over the top, sprinkle grated cheese, sliced tomato and some chopped up parsley.  Pop into the oven and bake it for about 40 mins.  Easy peasy.

Out of the oven

Once it's cooled I just slice it up into portions, bag them and pop then in the freezer.  A meal all ready to go.  This is so yummy and so filling.  Nice and savoury and great with a salad.

One of my staples that I have is streaky bacon.  I always have some in the fridge.  I add it to most things.  Quick and easy to cook, can either have it with eggs or just chopped up in a salad.

love my streaky bacon
Last week there was some good deals on at the supermarket.  I got some lovely cauli, lettuce and pumpkin.  So now I'm going to make some nice pumpkin soup.  With some chopped up bacon, lol.

I feel positively angelic I'm so good. 

Ciao.



Comments

  1. I too always have streaky bacon on hand! I made that pie but as you said the sausage meat part needs more flavour and I was going to do that next time I made it.

    I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts