Pulling in the reins . . .

Over the last 4 - 6 weeks or so I've managed to gain around 3 kgs.
I'm not dipping my head in shame, I'm just going to be realistic about it and rectify it. Cause to be honest I feel like crap.

While I'm basically still eating the same there have been a bit too many carbs and sugar slipping in over that time which don't go well with a high protein diet.. Crunch time came for me on Wednesday night when I went to a pot luck dinner for a friends birthday and I made completely all the wrong choices. Well actually apart from my cheeseboard and fruit I didn't have much choice.  That night I had a bad sleep.  I woke up with stomach pains.  Too make matters worse the hostess packed me up a lunchbox for yesterday.  Curried chicken and rice.  Not just a little bit of rice, but a lot of rice and I ate the bloody lot because I was hungry.  Last night my stomach was just so sore and bloatey that as soon as I got home I had to put my dressing gown on to relieve the pressure in my belly.

This is the first time since low carbing have I had this feeling and pain of bloating.  Don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what caused it.  I'll make sure it's my last.  I feel so damned tired and drained.

So over the next few days I'm going to nurture my body, feed it well and get back into the groove.

I need more energy!!!!

Comments

  1. You still keen for lunch tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all battle without eating in the colder weather. Be kind to yourself and get back to eating what works for you and before you know it those 3kgs will be gone again !
    Lotsa hugs.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh I know that bloated feeling only too well.
    Good luck getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts