Stress .....

Yesterday I got an email that hit home with me.  I thought I'd share it.

Stress

A lecturer when explaining stress management to an audience,
Raised a glass of water and asked;
'How heavy is this glass of water?'

Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g .

The lecturer replied, 'The absolute weight doesn't matter.
It depends on how long you try to hold it.
If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.
If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance.
In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.'

He continued,
'And that's the way it is with stress management.
If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later,
As the burden becomes increasingly heavy,
We won't be able to carry on. '

'As with the glass of water,
You have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again.
When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden.'
'So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it home. You can pick it up tomorrow.

Whatever burdens you're carrying now,
Let them down for a moment if you can.'
So, my friend, Put down anything that may be a burden to you right now. Don't pick it up again until after you've rested a while.



Things haven't been so great of late.  There's been an awful lot of stress and I really have to learn to let it go.  I've been trying hard to be all things to everybody and I'm so worn out.  I have no strength and no energy anymore.  Everyday is a struggle just to get to the end of it.

No more.  I have to dig deep and pull myself together. 

After waiting for what seems like ages we got the date for Mr T's surgery.  Next Friday.   We had planned to get away and relax and explore the Coromandel Labour weekend.  We were so looking forward to our little "escape". 

Now we shall be home.  Hopefully he will be in overnight at the most.  Fingers crossed.  Hopefully it will be as painless as possible and that it will be the LAST surgery and no more (This will be the 4th op).  Hopefully it will be a speedy recovery. 

I am going to relax and enjoy the long weekend, get Mr T settled and comfortable and then I'm going to potter around the garden.  I've decided to do a bit more veges in pots this year and put them around the deck. 

It hasn't been all doom and gloom though.  I'm thoroughly enjoying daylight savings and the weekends haven't been too bad since it started.  Still a bit nippier late afternoon but I've enjoyed putting the umbrella up and sitting outside.  We've spent the last couple of weekends outside and we've done quite a bit.  Mr T got the pool all cleaned last week, trimmed all the ivy and waterblasted the sides around the pool.  We're looking forward to heating the hot tub up and having some soaks.  My gardens are looking great - still a lot of lovely spring colour, ready for another tidyup tho. 

The family are all great and no problems.  For that I'm truly grateful. 

My weightloss has stalled I am sitting at around 78 kgs.  Not 100 % committed to that at the moment. 

My hair is growing.  It's getting quite long and I like it.  Need to kill a few greys but hey - it is a lot fuller and doesn't need as much boffing up as before.

I must upload some photos to share. 

Well that's about it.  I hope this doesn't sound too much like a pity post.  I will be fine. 

I want to share this photo with you though cause I think it's cool.

It's my DIL Janelle and Lucas fooling around.




And our little Missy Moo who looks so much like her daddy.






Catch you soon.

Ciao

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing that....

    And just love the pics...adorable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts