Well overdue for an update . . .

One post a month is pretty sad - even for me.

This year has been pretty full on so far.  There's always something happening.  Life sure isn't dull.  I can't believe we're nearly halfway through March though.

While life has been busy, things are going okay so that's something to be happy about.  

Have had a couple of issues with Josh's mum which I'm not impressed with.  Things seem a bit ominous at the moment I've got an awful feeling she is just going to take off.  This from the woman who took us to court for full custody four years ago, now all of a sudden she wants to go.  So.  Do you just up and leave your kid like that.  She tells me she has to start thinking of herself now.  Yeah right.  I don't think she ever stopped.

Both Mr T and I have felt that her need for Josh has always been about the money side of things.  At the moment she has two Asian students living with her.  That's a pretty good income in itself.  When Josh stays with her which is three nights a week, T,F,S he either has to sleep in a room with his mother or sleep on the couch because she's "rented" the rooms out.   Josh complains to us because he can't sleep because she snores. Or she wets herself on the couch, shudder, shudder.  He hates that she never puts her teeth in when his friends are around and that she swears and carries on.  

Last year she had this bright idea that we should do week about.  Josh with her for a week, then a week with us.  She can't get the DPB because we have Josh from 10.00 am Sun till 3pm Thursday.  She wants 50/50. Anyhow I said she needed to talk to Mr T about it.  But she kept pushing for me to agree with her and in the end I said no.  I told her it's not on that Josh doesn't have his own room.  He is getting far too old to be in the same room as his mother (he's 15 in a couple of weeks).  He needs his own privacy.   The only reason we haven't objected too much about it is he only has to get up to go to school one day a week and then he has two sleep ins so he can catch up - after a week he would be out of his routine and he'd come home grumpy and it would take me a week to get him back to normal, nevermind the attitude he'd come home with.  Besides Mr T says she is his mother and she needs to put him first and start acting like one.  Personally, I think she is a couple of screws loose.

Oops don't know where that rant came from, obviously been on my subconscience.

Other news .....

I've lost about 2 kg since my last post. I haven't been 100% but I have been making the right choices most of the time.

I love cauliflour. I use it all the time.  There's so many different ways to use it.  Tonight I'm using it as the topping for my cottage pie.  Mr T loves it and he's normally not a great mince fan.  I also prefer it as a pizza base.  

The other day when I went for a walk I noticed that I wasn't breathing as heavy as I use to.  I'm damn sure the extra weight I put on went straight to my chest!!!!    Anyhow now I can take brisker walks and still not get huffed and take nice long breathes.  My energy levels are on the rise again.

What has been draining me is the heat.  She's been pretty hot alright.  I cannot ever remember the city and countryside looking so brown.  I have bare front gardens because the soil is like powder, not even the weeds are growing.  My pots on the deck are thriving and also a couple of gardens out the back as they're getting watered morning and night.  The thing I worry about  is some silly buggar setting off fires.  

Night time sleeping is killing me cause I wake up three or four times in the night cause I'm too hot.  Mr T can't sleep with the fan on and last week I couldn't have my window open because of roadworks and they put the detour in past our house and it was logging trucks all flippin night.   

So it's a start of a new week.  Hopefully the nights will be cooler and I behave myself.  Happy week all. 

 

 

 



Comments

  1. Nice to hear from you ;), we are having the same thing for dinner tonight... must catch up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, she wets the bed & doesn't put her teeth in!?!? What a charmer. It must be hard for poor Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh poor Josh...what a very selfish mum he has !!

    Lovely to see you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I was about to comment exactly the same as Tracy ... excuse me? lol ... I think you've done the right thing! And well done on the 2kg loss, that's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something ain't right with Josh's Mum... she sounds like a right nutter.

    Heat. It's doing everyone's head I reckon.

    Rain is on it's way... we have had a few spits here today.

    Good on you losing 2kg, feels good to have a loss eh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts