Shopping, gardening and blogging ...

I've had a great week. I've been shopping, to the beach, done some gardening, playing cards and managed to catch up with two amazing ladies.

Wednesday we went over to Bayfair and Krystal and I managed to ditch the guys and we hit the shops. We all managed to come home with some goodies so everyone was happy. We thought we would head to the beach but it was far too hot and we didn't have a brolly so we only stayed for about twenty minutes half an hour. I was amazed at the people lying on the beach with no hats or shade. It was way too hot and I could feel the sun burning the top of my head.

Had a productive day on Friday - did a bit of gardening and managed to get the compost on the driveway garden. It's a bit stinky though. That night my girlfriend and her partner came for dinner and we ended up playing 500 till well after midnight. I am ashamed to say that the guys won. There was some shocking table talk going on tho. We all had a good time and plenty of laughs so we've decided we're going to do it on a weekly basis. So from now on friday nights are card nights.

Have been thinking about my blog lately. Mainly about how hard it is to do a post when you haven't done one for a while. I know when other bloggers don't post for a while I start wondering what they're up to and hope they're okay. Even though you haven't met them you start to miss them. Most of our blogs were started to help us through our weight loss journey but along the way other things slip in and before you know it our everyday lives become entwined with our blogs. We now not only share our weight loss successes or disappointments with each other but also our daily lives, the hard times, the good times and the celebrations. We are a family, special friends who support each other without prejudice or judgement.

So with all that in mind I'm going to post every two or three days even if it's just a short paragraph. I'm also going to try (fingers crossed) to post more photos.


So this is the box that my chrissie pressie was in. Had to take a pic before it ended on the trailer. I really have a wonderful husband and I love him to bits.



I've made many friends through blogging and lots of friendships. On Thursday I headed over to Tauranga to visit Lynise. I told Mr T I'd be home around 4. (ha, ha what a joke). Once we started talking we couldn't stop. Lynise is a wonderful, warm, bubbly young woman. We could of kept on talking all night. When I realised it was 4.20 it still took me another hour to leave lol. I'm sure it won't be too long before we catch up again. We already know what's at the top of the list to talk about. Thanks for a great day Lynise.

I remembered my camera to take the obligatory blogger pic. But after a couple of attempts we decided we'd take individual shots.

For someone who didn't like having her photo taken she takes a lovely photo.



Wish I could say the same.




Yesterday Jaxx came over for a visit. We headed down to the garden centre and had lunch at the cafe there and settled in for a good yak for a couple of hours. It was awesome. Then when we got home we settled in for some talking and again the time disappeared so fast so I asked Jaxx to stay for dinner and she said yes.



Thanks for coming over yesterday Jaxx. It was a great day. Mr T said for you to bring Boyd over real soon.

My son and his wife also came out for dinner. I haven't seen him before christmas so it was nice to catch up with them both.

Nick and Krystal playing cricket ...



Josh bowling ...





My D-I-L Janelle



So now it's Sunday and the last day of my holidays. Tomorrow it's back to work. But I'm rested and ready to attack 2009 head on. Seeing Lynise and Jaxx this week has only made me more determined to get on top of my weight loss and tomorrow I'm going to start living how I plan to continue.

Right, got some flowers to plant and then we're taking the kids for a drive somewhere.

Ciao

Comments

  1. Cool photos Lee-Anne. I love that one of Lynise! We really must all get together sometime I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics Lee-anne...that one of you in the yellow top is lovely, the colour suits you.

    I must update my blog more than weekly, will have to make more of a effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you for posting photos of Lynise and Jaxx - I dont actually follow their blogs but, as you do, you know they are around in blog land and its so nice to put a name to the face. I try as far as possible to do a weekly update - any oftener than that is a bonus. Take care Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the news and the photos - so good to catch up with all that has been happening.
    Take care and have a great week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo's, sounds like you had a great time with both Lynise and Jaxx.

    Can't wait for more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved all the photos!!! YOu gunna start having a blog that looks like mine soon! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post Lee-anne....
    I was less than enthusiastic about going to work this morning I can tell you...
    As for being ready to tackle 2009 .. Bring it on!
    Heres to a wonderful yeah.. and who knows... I may even see you if I make it over there in August!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lee-anne - great to find your blog again! You sound so positive and happy! Great photo's!
    Kel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lynise looks so different than I imagined in my head!!!

    Love the pictures. I need to do more picture sharing. I am shit at putting them on the computer from the camera, takes so much bloody time!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts