Slow and Easy

Apologies

Before I start I just have to apologise to anyone that tried to get in my blog over the weekend and couldn’t. I had to quickly disable it as Krystal and her friend wanted to go on the computer and we were going to be out so it was the quickest and easiest solution to stop them reading my blog.

Alright. I’m in a pretty good headspace at the moment. Calm, relaxed and not stressed. I’m starting to nut out a plan with regards to my eating, exercising and general life and lifestyle attitudes using nothing more than simple commonsense.

You know after living inside this body for fortyplus something years I realised the one who knows whats best for my body, my health is …… ME!!!!!. I know, I know – I’m a bloody rocket scientist. A natural born genius.

Well you know what – we all are. Because most of us know exactly what we should or shouldn’t be doing. We’ve probably all read that many weight loss books and topics that we could probably write our own book.

I know that I can’t eat too many carbs – the next day I feel as bloated as hell and yuk and I hate myself. Boo hoo. But I still keep doing it.

I know what foods to eat plenty of and what to eat in moderation. But I still make the wrong choices.

I know that breakfast is important as it kickstarts your metabolism for the day. But I really struggle to eat early in the morning. I can’t do it.

I know to chew my food slowly, helps with the digestion. But sometimes I forget or I’m in too much of a hurry.

I know it’s important to exercise not only for weightloss but also healthwise. The truth is the moment any routine that I put in place for exercise is disrupted, the exercise goes out the door.

I know that portion sizes are another culprit. So why have they got bigger over the last few years.

So I do know what I need to do to lose weight. So why don’t I do it. Probably because I’m impatient. I want results right now. I look at the whole picture and try to do everything all at once. When I fail in one area it starts off a domino effect and the good intentions and hard work come falling down.

So I guess I start looking at the smaller picture. Just a couple of small things at a time. I need to make this easy for me – not hard. Easy with small successes that will keep me focused and motivated.

So this week I’m going to lower my carb intake. Not cut it out. Just lower it. And I’m also going to spend 15 - mins each day after work either gardening or doing “extra” housework.



“Slow and easy wins the race”

Comments

  1. Hey just a quick update Boyd is away till Sunday but we did have a good talk on the phone this morning about some of the simpler things, but am sure things will be fine now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right - we all need to try to keep hold of that smaller picture and not less an upset throw us off the track.
    Have a great week and take care !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh thats what happened, did wonder why I couldn't access here...
    Thats it, we all need to keep hold of that smaller picture...and just keep on doing what we know we must do...perservere...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a simple plan and one I should be doing as well! good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally right... we all know why we are carrying extra weight.. we all know how to eat properly... but do we do it??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    But we know we can if we apply ourselves.. and yes... slow and steady wins the race everytime..
    and scotch oclock sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts