Losing weight, losing inches and gaining sleep . . .



So how's that for a positive post title.  And it's all true.

I'm weighing daily, mainly so I can see how my body is reacting to what I'm eating.  One day it can go up but then the next down, up, then down a bit more.  Tuesday when I weighed I was only 400gms down from my first week, but the next day it was down a lot more.  I'm not getting hung up on the numbers because I know it's just a snapshot for that particular moment and the next day is different.  What is important to remember is that as it balances out the numbers are falling.  

Another strong indicator for me at the moment is I'm fitting into more of my clothes that have been a bit too snuggly.  When you sit down in front of a screen all day you don't want anything that is a bit tight around the waist.  It gets very uncomfortable as the day progresses.  But now I have four more outfits I can choose from.  It's a bit of fun going through my wardrobe and finding things that I can wear that I haven't for a while.  

Overall my health and well being are improved.  I seem to have more energy.  I'm sleeping really well. Before I use to wake up at least two to three times a night. Now when I wake up it's mainly because of the alarm or even I wake just before its due to go off and feel very rested.  I still wake up occasionally once during the night but that's due to either having a loo stop or I'm flippin hot.  I have no problem getting back to sleep though.

Life is still a bit of a rollercoaster but I am coping.  I just try not to get stressed, just take everything in.  Keep positive.  

I thought I might have caved in, but so far I've found everything has fallen into place.  First week I thought I was eating a lot (mainly protein) but I still had a good loss.  Now I'm finding I'm eating less and feeling fuller for a longer time.  In fact during the week my main meal is lunch, then I just have a light snack in the evening.   At the weekend I will have breakfast, then go through to dinner.

The amount of information and support online for the primal/paleo way of eating is fantastic - even here in New Zealand.  More and more products are becoming more readily available as more people become aware.  I've joined a group on Facebook called Ari Eats Community.  It's fantastic.  So many recipes, ideas, help - totally amazing.  You should check it out.

It was Miss Sophia's 2nd birthday last week.  We had a grandparents only birthday.  

Happy Birthday Sophia!!!!!!  We love you lots.











Ciao

Comments

  1. Awww isn't she gorgeous! What wonderful photos. They are still such babies at two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooooooooooooo love your grandkiddies.... your grandsome especially as he is so elf like he reminds me of my little premmie son...
    Now...weight wise.. I have joined a gym and had my 3rd session tonight... pulling my head in food wise and alcohol wise... I am going to get this weight off if it kills me..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, what a gorgeous wee girl….
    Fantastic pics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic to hear you are not so stressed, well controlling it better anyway, photos are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your healthy eating... the grandkids are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts