Still here, still losing . . .

Time seems to be getting away from me at the moment.   Gosh the end of next week we'll be half way through the year.  Gulp.

I've lost another 700gms since my last post.  Not as fast as when I first did a LCHF diet a couple of years ago but I'm still happy with what I'm doing.

At the moment I've just cut out wheat.  The bread, pasta.

I still have a wee bit of potato, not a lot - but at least 2 - 3 times a week.    I'm not really a sweet tooth person, so sugar doesn't worry me.  I have equal tabs for my coffee but that's about it.  

I do eat a lot of vegetables and a bit of dairy and most days at least a couple of eggs.  

And I've added more fat to my diet - and I love it.

I use olive oil, cream and thickened cream, sour cream, cream cheese and I have developed a taste for avocados.  Before I didn't like them at all.  Shame they're a bit expensive at the moment.





But butter I love.  Always have.  I have always hated the taste of margarine.  It tastes like plastic to me.  

I love a nice dollop of butter over my veges.  A slice of homemade garlic butter on my steak or meat.  

Yummy.



Once I use to worry about eating butter, but not now.

I'll even admit that I eat the fat off the meat.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't like fatty meat but I do like to eat the fat off a pork chop or a steak.  I can remember my mum telling me that it was the best part.  

Growing up as a kid we were a typical family of those days.  We had the kiwi 1/4 acre block, a great big vege garden out the back.  We use to buy our meat from the butcher - not a supermarket.  Our eggs came from the neighbour down the road who raised chooks.  

We use to spend a lot of our time outside, playing rounders in the backyard.  Running back and forward to the clothesline to score runs.  Building huts outside and spending the day in them.  Gosh we had a lot of fun.

Oops sorry about that, just went off on a tangent for a bit.  The way we were.

Anyway things all slowly falling into place and seem to be turning around.  Certainly the prognosis is looking a lot healthier which makes things a lot better to deal with.

I'll leave you with another photo of the grandies.  Janelle' a graphic designer and sometimes she "uses" the kids as models.  This ones for doidy cups.

 

And on that note I'll say Ciao for now.

Comments

  1. Well done on your loss. It sounds like you have your meals covered really well. So glad to see you are OK.
    Have a wonderful day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well.
    I am a butter girl too…and grew up the same way you did, we have 2.5 acres now, have our own chooks, have a small vege garden…and get our meat from a butcher too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news! Don't worry about how slow weight comes off - just continue eating all that great food. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are all going so well with you, will buzz you to catch up maybe next week?. Have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about margarine tasting plastic. I love butter I try to avoid additives as much as possible. You are doing well with your weight loss, slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your loss!!! And yes Like the others I am a butter girl also. I grew up with Grandparents in the country and mum growing up there so bringing that along to our lifestyle! I hate the artificial taste of Marg ughhhhh
    I am still struggling to get going and have had a few days off gym due to strep throat infection.. on the mend now so another day or so and i will be back at it... Stay positive!! We will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome that things are getting better chick. I had a similar upbringing to you... back in the 60's eh! *smiles* Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts