All is well ....

Lucas had his scan yesterday and all is looking good. The kids had a great day with him yesterday and it really helped to lift their spirits.

Sometimes I think the internet can be a blessing and a curse. Naturally I've been googling premature babies and reading their birth stories. Some are great - some are not. When I've told people I'm a nana they go congratulations. Then I tell them he was born 28 weeks prem and some automatically think the worse. You can see it in their expressions. But I know he's going to fine. At the end of the day he's my grandson and nothing will change that.

Well other things have been happening as well. Last weekend I was in Auckland for a conference. There were some fantastic speakers and there was one that spoke on nutrition and she was great. Some very useful tips which I'll write down and post.

My stomach seems to still be shrinking. I'm beginning to find that not only are my portion sizes smaller but I'm struggling to eat them. Also if I feel full I have no problems pushing my plate away. This is a huge thing for me. Especially as last week was TTOM. I have been rewarded with a 1.2kg loss. I'm going to do my best to make sure I keep plodding along this path rather than worry about numbers.

Phew I'm glad it's Friday. I am so looking forward to a lie in the morning. I have felt quite exhausted this week. I can't remember when I've spent so much time on the phone and txting people to keep everyone updated. Tonight I'm going to snuggle in front of the fire - find something decent to watch and chill out with a wine. It looks like we're in for a very wild and wet weekend.

Hope you all stay warm and dry.

Catch you later.

Comments

  1. It is so good to hear Lucas is doing so well.
    I hope you have a fantastic weekend chilling out with a wine! It is wild and wet up here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so happy to hear that - enjoy every minute - it just keeps getting better with grandchildren! Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming a grannie!! Hahaha...
    My som was born at 29 and a half weeks.. he was 1315grams.. 2 lb 14oz and was strong and healthy.. amazing what the steriods can do...He is now a 12 and a half yr old boy... healthy and happy! Lucas will be fine... it is a long haul after they are bon til they get out of hospital but it is a great time to bond and know they are getting the best possible care...
    Best wished to you all..
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear Lucas is doing so well.We'll keep him in our hearts and prayers while he continues to thrive with all that love and attention I am sure you are all pouring on him, Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear all is well with little Lucas and yourself...

    much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really been out of touch with everyone - CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a nana - I hope that Lucas continues to grow from strength to strength !
    Take care and go safely !
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts