Spring is in the air ....

Some days I can feel it and I can smell it. The great thing about it is the best is yet to come. I can feel myself coming out of hibernation and it’s a wonderful feeling.

Things are continuing to pick up and still have my head in the right headspace. I’m on track with my healthy eating and my portion sizes. Over the weekend I have left food on my plate both nights. That is really amazing. Even though I dished up smaller portions I was still able to say okay that’s it I’ve had enough and put my knife and fork down. That is a big achievement for me.

Consequently the scales have gone down 900 gms in the last two weeks. That is a good steady loss.

The exercise front tho isn’t looking that flash. The treadmill is still not working and Mr T will have to take it apart and fix it. Now I know that isn’t going to happen any time soon. However we will be starting to go for walks in the evening very soon. I won’t be overdoing it just yet as I do have asthma. It scares the shite out of me at how easy I can get out of breath. But I still believe it’s the cold that triggers it. Carrying extra weight around my chest can’t be helping either so I’m quite determined to lose more weight and get fit.

This afternoon I’ll be writing out my grocery list and stocking up on lots of lovely fresh fruit and veges. It’s so much easier to eat healthy when you’ve got the right ingredients at your fingertips.

Lucas update.
Our wee man is continuing to do really well. He had his first flight in a helicopter last week. He was moved from Starship hospital down to Waikato. He liked the flight but wasn’t too crazy on the lifts. He lost 50gms from his birth weight but has since regained that and a wee bit more. He spends a bit of time out of the incubator now and this is the time that Janelle and Nick get to cuddle and bond together as a family. I got to see this first hand yesterday when we went to visit. What a beautiful family. Yes he is wee, and tiny but everythings all there, he is quite alert and his eyes open wide. I got to stroke his tiny wee feet while he was snuggled up to his mum. He is quite long, but he just lacks the meat on his bones. The next step is to add some protein to Janelle’s milk to help him put on weight. Once this happens we can look at him being moved to Rotorua hospital which will make it so much easier for everyone.

Have I told you how adorable he is and cuteness plus. He is so contented. Despite his early arrival and having to deal with tubes and everything he settles so well, doesn’t get upset. His little limbs are having a good work out as he likes stretching his toes out and his fingers. My god they are so long. We’re going to have to try and find some little mittens tiny enough otherwise he’ll start clawing himself. He is going to be one very determined, happy and spoilt young man.

So all in all everything is going well all round.

Catch ya soon.

Comments

  1. Am so glad all is going well with bubs..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a shop somewhere in Waikato Hospital that sells tiny premmie baby stuff .. well there was last time I was there!
    so pleased all is going well with the wee baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you're in such a good space - it makes such a difference to the way we feel when you've reached that spot! Loved hearing about Lucas and how well he's doing - so precious! Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on getting yourself in the right zone...keep it up.
    Love hearing the news on Lucas...thank you for the update

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts