My Christmas Plans ....

So what have you all got planned for Christmas.

I'm so excited because Mr T and I ARE RUNNING AWAY. Oh yes we are baby. Two weeks from today and I can't wait.

We're running away from the whole christmas day drama. No Christmas Day dinners and travelling to this place and that place. No children. Just me and Mr T. Just time out to relax and enjoy what we like doing the best. Camping and fishing.

I sound a bit like Scrooge. Bah Humbug. But really it's just the way everything worked out. Josh and Krystal are spending the week with their mums and won't be home till the first weekend in January. Col and I decided to take advantage of that and have some time out for ourselves before the bombardment begins. We will have a New Years Barbecue when I'll have all the family around me. Lucas is still too little and I don't want to have to share him on Christmas Day. I'd rather have him New year and spoil him the whole day.

Anyway moving on to Christmas Dinner and the rest of the week. Well pretty much seafood all round. Where we are staying theres mussels galore to be picked and also oysters off the rocks at low tide. There's my starter. Then I will have a beautiful panfried fresh snapper with a crisp summer salad. I think my indulgence may be cheese and crackers but I might have fresh fruit instead. My stomach has shrunk and I can't stand the overfill feeling anymore.

Normally when we're on the boat we have orange juice, fruit and salad vogel sandwiches and thats about it.

I feel quite confident that this year I won't put on any weight. Days sitting on the boat catching all that fish can be quite a work out for the arms I tell you. Especially when you're pulling up the big ones. Also there's quite a few bush walking tracks nearby which will be a nice change for us as well.

All in all I just plan to relax and enjoy our time away together.

So what have you all got planned.
.

Comments

  1. Sounds delightful, I am so sure you will have a great day, as for me I am having 23 for Christmas lunch, but just as I am recovering from surgery I am sure I will have heaps of help.One day we may do just as you are planning and run away to New York for a white Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound great - have a wonderful day and holiday.

    We have 12 for lunch, our kids, grandkids (not our son - he's working). Low key though as we head to the beach the next day and don't want piles of left overs. Roast lamb is a must, potatoes, salads, everyone helps. New Year at the beach is what I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever I've got planned, it's not as exciting as what you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful the holiday, well am here and pretty much on top of things just got to work through the boxes in the garage but at least the house is tidy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to catch up with you again if it works out. In case you don't have it, my number is 027 453 8938. I've lost yours in one of my many phone mishaps, so could you drop me a text so I can save it again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm sounds like heaven....have a great christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and when you get back we must catch up :-). have an awesome holiday away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Hope your celebrations were all you hoped they would be :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts