Bloggers Award .....

I'M BACK.

It's just amazing how life can be so utter crap for the last month or so and now just a breeze like "did that really happen?"

I know I've neglected my blog but I do check in on you all every now and then. But I have been preoccuppied and very busy. You know I haven't seen my grandson since I did my last post. I'm starting to fret now that he might forget me so plenty of family time coming up.

But I have to say it was rather nice to see that I got nominated not once but twice for the beautiful bloggers award. It made me feel quite special.

For the life of me I'm not sure how to do these links because I've never done one before so bear with me. I might have to get Jackie to show me.


The beautiful Anne,

http://zanyzanna.blogspot.com

And the lovely Janine

http://journeytoaminime.blogspot

Sorry didn't work. Did before when I tried.

Anne and I have been following each others blogs for quite awhile now and about a couple of years ago we got the chance to meet up with our BC's (Blogger Companions) and I tell you she is the one of the nicest, classiest ladies with a personality to boot that you are ever going to meet. Her travels are the envy of a lot of us bloggers.

Janine is someone I haven't met but would love to one day. She's on a wonderful journey of her own and I'm loving being able to follow her on it. Thanks Janine.

So I here I go.





Wow, seven interesting things about me. Lemme see ...

1.When my mother found out she was pregnant with me she moved away from home so as not to bring shame on her family. I was born in Dunedin at a Salvation Army home for unwed mothers. My mother flew back to Tauranga when I was 10 days old because my father said he wanted to get married. When she got there he'd changed his mind so she had to face her mother with me in her arms. My dad changed his mind again and she said no way. Change it once, you'll change it again. After struggling for six months a decision was made to put me into foster care until she could get on her feet again. I was placed in a home in Rotorua and she made the bus journey every week to see me. Right away my foster family wanted to adopt me. (I mean who can blame them). But she kept saying no - until I started calling my foster mum "mum" and how my brothers and sisters all looked after me. She knew it was the best place for me. But the fortunate thing for me and her was my new parents insisted that she always play a part in my life and grew up always knowing her as my Aunty. I became the youngest of five and was very, very, spoilt. Until my sister had her first child two days before my fifth birthday. I became an aunt. I became a great aunt when I was 27. I am yet to become a great, great, aunt. I consider myself to be one of the most fortunate people around. To have two mothers and two families who both were willing to share me. I honestly don't think I could have been that unselfish.

2. I have a phobia about crocodiles and aligators. My brother use to tease me when I was little saying the crocodile was coming to eat me up, chomp, chomp, chomp. I use to have such bad nightmares thinking they were under my bed. At 48 if I see them on tv it can set off nightmares again. I still think they're under my bed and take a run and jump to get into bed. Needless to say I have not seen Lake Placid or any other like minded movies.

3. I had a great childhood growing up. My older siblings are 6 - 14 years older than. I have great memories of Mark I, II, III Zephrs, Velox's parked up on our front lawn, 50's and 60's music, byrlcream and beehive hairdo's and the fashion of that era.

4. I'm the only one of my siblings who actually got married - then had children.

In saying that though my most precious memories are the years it spent just me and my boys, 1987 - 1995. It was a tough and hard time financially but it was also one of the happiest times. What makes me proud now is seeing my son being a dad and watching him play and cuddle his son like I did with him. Just the simplest things that give the most pleasure. Your time and love.

5. I have been married three times. My first and second are they same. We first got married in 1985, divorced 1991, remarried 1995 and divorced in 2006. I have matching marriage and dissolution papers.

6. I was a born again christian for about 6 years. Then I became very disillusioned with the preaching that was going on amongst a lot of churches. I know there are alot of hypocrites sitting on pews on Sundays. I no longer go to church.

7. I gave up on finding the perfect man. I thought he didn't exist. Then I met
Mr T. We met each other on the internet. I have to say I was very cautious for about a month. But then I gave in and I haven't regretted not one single moment since then. We have been through many ups and downs with kids, ex's, court cases and business stresses and none more so than recently but we get through it because we hold on to each other and we talk about it and its shared. Our bedroom has, is and always will be our sanctuary where nobody can hurt or upset us. I'm not ashamed to say that I still lust after my husband and my libido is stronger now than it ever was. We do everything together. Apart from work we're nearly always together. We've only spent three nights apart. Both of them were Blogger Meets. Once in Auckland and one in Palmerston North where Lyn and I stayed with Chris for two nights. Mr T was not a happy man and so now if I go to a bloggers meet and I'll be staying overnight I'll bring him too.

So there you go. Maybe one or two things that some of you didn't know about me.

Now I'm suppose to nominate another seven bloggers but I thnk most of you have been nominated. If not nominate yourself. It's a great way to share things about yourself and to open up.

Comments

  1. YIKES! I have that award somewhere waiting for me to post it!
    LOL

    You shared some lovely 'things'... very interesting too. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what interesting stuff you shared. I don't know what has just gone on in your life but I gather is was not good. I am jealous of your libido... can I have a bit of that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey want to meet for lunch on Thursday, let me know a time and where :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound an amazing women, I love that you just love your children. Maybe one day there will be another bloggers meet and we will catch up.

    Lol about your libido, good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic list you have shared. I would love to meet you sometime as well....anytime you are in Palmy I am sure we can get something together again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you email me your cell # as I think I have the wrong one or txt me about lunch tomorrow (Thursday) have an electrician coming out tomorrow I think so hoping he will have left in time for our lunch.... but will txt you and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, good to see you blogging again, and thank you for sharing those wonderful and interesting things about yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts