A little bit of this and a little bit of that ....

And here I was thinking my life was quietening down and I could relax a bit more. Not quite. Still busy, but I've been having fun.

I'm President of the Rotorua Branch of Administrative Professionals and planning is well underway for our Champagne Breakfast on 28th April. Having a lot of fun organising it and working alongside a great bunch of girls.

At our first meeting earlier in the year I was telling them about our Christmas away camping and fishing. Some of them got quite excited and wanted to go camping as they had never been. So last Friday a group of us headed up the Coromandel for a weekend away and it was fantastic. Everyone had such a good time. On the Friday we took them out to get mussels, oysters and pipis and they couldn't believe how plentiful it was. Saturday we took turns in taking them out in the boat fishing. Well once they caught the first fish that was it. They were chomping at the bit to get back out on the Sunday. We caught lots of fish - probably well over 100 - but 70% of them went back in the water as they were just a tad undersized. But the thrill of catching fish was the real excitement for them. They're already planning the next trip.

Well the weekend away camping ended my low carbing. I had my fill of bread, potato's and chips. Surprisingly I haven't gained anything. Now I'm back into my normal routine and all is good. A good grocery shop is in order though and my fridge and freezer are looking rather bare which is not natural.

On Friday I received a letter from the hospital to tell me that my surgery was booked for 1st April. So I phoned to confirm and started planning around Easter thinking I was going to be laid up. Then Tuesday I got call saying it had been cancelled. However they were able to give me another date of 29th April. In a way I'm pleased that I get my Easter break back but I hope I don't have any more hiccups cause I'd like to get the surgery done and out of the way.

Planning on a laid back weekend at home this week. Really need to get into some thorough house cleaning and a bit of gardening. Hopefully catch up with the kids.

That's about it. Will try not to take so long to blog again.

Ciao

Comments

  1. We were on the Coromandel last weekend too. Shame we didn't know you were up there too.
    Sounds like a wonderful weekend up there for you guys.
    Enjoy your quiet weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great a champagne brekkie thats my kind of breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they don't fob you of again with the surgery.... have a great relaxing weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having a great time with life at the moment. I hope to be around more because I am starting to blog again - I want to track how my exercise affects my weight loss plus I find it quite therapuetic just typing away my thoughts and what has happened over the course of day - plus I can waffle lots too !!!!
    Have a great week and take care !
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts