Allergic to housework ....

With my surgery date set for the 29th April (fingers & toes crossed) I want to do my best to shed as much weight as I can before then. I had a couple of very bad days/nights with my asthma over the long weekend. I feel if I could just lose some weight around my waist and my chest it would help so much.

I spent a whole day cleaning and pottering around home and suffered that night and the next day gasping for air. My inhalers didn’t seem to be giving me the relief that I needed. Then I came right and spent the day out in the garden. I felt like I had a lot of energy. The next day – wham. I had to keep myself calm and concentrate on my breathing otherwise I’d lose it. No wonder I get so exhausted. When I’m like this just hanging out the clothes leaves me breathless. This is so not me.

When I was first diagnosed with asthma my Doctor told me that the asthma doesn’t have to control me. I have been pretty good lately, but last week despite my aversion to needles I allowed the nurse at the Doctor’s surgery to give me the flu injection. I’ve since developed a cough and am a bit stuffed up with nasal congestion. I no this is not helping me so I’m wondering whether or not this is a side effect of the injection and maybe wait a bit before going back to the Doctors. I think if I have no improvement by the end of the week I’ll go back. All my sympathies go to parents who have young ones who are asthmatic. It must be so terrible and scary for them. I know, I’m an adult but I can get a bit sooky at times.

So yeah I’m feeling a tad apprehensive about the op so I’m doing everything I possibly can before hand.


But despite my breathless moments I had a great Easter. This weekend saw our family back together. About six months after our wedding we had a fallout with two of our boys. We stood our ground and applied the tough love principle. One came back about a year ago the other has been building the bridges since late last year and on Sunday he came out for our family dinner. And it was a success.

We also got to babysit Lucas again. I swear he’s grown since last week. He has another check up this week so hope all will be good.

Righto another day nearly done and dusted. Eating has been good apart from that chocolate macaroon at morning tea.

Tomorrow is another day.

Comments

  1. Hey leeann

    I am not sure I know what type of Op you are having. Obviously if this is too personal then all good, i don't need to know.

    But I do want to wish you all the best for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Janine commented, Having had 2 ops last year, I just wanted to wish you all the best for your leadup and recovery.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets hope they don't bail on you this time, and we must catch up soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never suffered with asthma but A does and I can only imagine how awful you feel. Take care of yourself and don't overdo things.
    Lotsa hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your asthma is on the improve, even for adults it can be scary.
    Great news about the whole family get together, glad all is "rosy" again.
    All the very best for you op...


    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be allergic to housework too. (lol,,, well probably not BUT I hate losing half my weekend to all the cleaning jobs and simply LOVE coming home to a lovely clean house on a Thursday afternoon (when my cleaner visits). Its SOoooooo worth the $45she charges and leaves me to only have to take care of the section/property so I still get a reasonable amount of 'relaxing time' to myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts