Lotsa news ....

Go grab a cuppa.

But first a couple of pics of the boy because he's so damn gorgeous.




Whoa Dad, what the ...




Ha,ha, that's fun let's do it again...




He's just adorable.

And breaking news ...... Mr T and I are expecting Grandbaby No.2 at the end of November. We are rapt and over the moon. Kelz is having a baby. Mr T is convinced it's going to be a girl. Lol, there's going to be no stopping him this Christmas. Santa is making a comeback. (honest, he pretty damn neared cried last year when Josh told him there was no Santa)

Never a dull moment thats for sure. Been meaning to do a quick post for a while but not quite getting there. Too many things happening.

Everything was pottering along very nicely until a couple of weeks ago. When we originally started our business four years ago we took out a two year lease with right of renewal. Then the building was sold and once our lease ended the new landlord wouldn't renew our lease instead put us on a month by month. The reason being he had now acquired the whole block and he had plans on developing it. We noticed things were happening earlier in the year when the surveyors were doing there bit but we were told not to worry . It would be a while if anything happened and he had another building which we could move too.

Well, two Fridays ago he dropped in and handed us a letter. An eviction letter!!! We had to be out by the end of the month. Three weeks. He did say not to read too much into the letter as it was just a formality. But still, we had to move with buggar all notice. He did offer us another building which would have been good - but, he was planning to pull that one down to in six months. Arrgghh.

Sometimes things happen for a reason. That's what I believe and this time it's certainly true. Saturday morning we drove round all the industrial areas looking at available workshops. There were a few. Some were just way too expensive. We did see one that we liked. Anyhow Mr T phoned the agent and yep it was a bit pricey but he was going to have a look around for us and get back on Monday which he did. Seemed like it wasn't as expensive as first thought and Mr T went and had a look and yes that was the one he wanted. Only a little bit more than what we're paying now and nearly double the work area which is great and it's tidy has many extra's. After some negotiation Mr T managed to bring the monthly lease down and also get a month's free rent for setting up costs. We signed up last Tuesday. I couldn't believe it all happened so fast. The new landlord is just fantastic. He's certainly going out of his way to help us as much as he can. I know that he's probably had it empty for a while but still ....

So what was bad is now very good. The downside is - do you know how hard it is to move a workshop that is full of machinery, alloy, joinery, rubbers, glass, screws, nails etc. Bloody difficult. I'm taking next week off so I can get my office sorted. We're hoping to have everything in by the weekend.

This afternoon I go for my pre admin checkup at the hospital. All going well I'll have surgery next Thursday. For those that don't know late last year I ended up in ER in pain and they found a cyst on my ovary the size of my fist. Freaky. The good thing is that it was all clear fluid. Not lumpy. So I am having keyhole surgery to remove it. The only thing is that if they can't remove it from the ovary then they will have to open me up which means my recovery will be a lot longer. That's the part I'm not looking forward to. I've never really been sick in my life and I've never been in hospital apart from having the kids so in some ways it is a wee bit daunting for me. But it has to come out. Lets hope I make it to surgery this time and they don't postpone me again.

Weight wise I really haven't been watching what I eat. A few takeaways, lots of carbs so I ventured onto the scales this morning and I'm up about a kg which is okay. So I'm going to try and get myself back into some kind of a routine before the 1 kg turns into another 5kgs.

We've been rather spoilt with Lucas lately. We've had him every weekend. He's getting to know us quite well. His face beams when he sees us. How cool is that.

It was mum's birthday a couple of Sundays ago so the whole family went to Tauranga and had a picnic lunch at Memorial. So I'll leave you with some more pics.

The oldest and the youngest .... My mum and Lucas









Lucas and Pop .....





Comments

  1. Lucas is SO gorgeous!! You lucky thing! And another grandchild - wonderful news!!

    All the best for your surgery next week, I hope you can take some time to rest and kind of enjoy the resting part!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute, and boy he is growing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lucas is growing up!! Thanks for mentioning that it is a cyst - I do vaguely remember you mentioning this now. Don't worry, it will all go well and if you do need surgery it really is not as bad as you think it will be. Good luck anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for your surgery next week.

    Lucas is a very cute baby, but dont they grow so fast!!!

    Great that you found somewhere decent to shift to.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucas is getting cuter by the day... how awesome that you are getting another one!
    I hope the workshop move goes well... and your surgery too.
    I am sure you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey how you doing, read on FB you had some bad news...... thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucas is very cute!!! It's wonderful when you get to spend time with grandchildren. Lucky you having another one to enjoy soon.

    Good luck with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooohooooo another little grandie, thats awesome !! Lucas is gorgeous and growing so quickly !

    Hope the shift to new workshop goes well.....
    and good luck with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts