Hello, I'm still here, is anyone else ....

It’s hard to see where the last few weeks have gone as so much has happened.

We successfully managed to move our workshop and everything is all up and running smoothly now. It’s a mission that I’m glad is over. What a lot of hard work.

The past three weeks I’ve spent quite a bit of time at the Doc’s getting everything sorted out. I had a heart risk assessment done and it showed that I had the heart of a 75 year old. Talk about a wake up call. The good news is that I can get it to where it should be. Making changes to my lifestyle and medication will make a big difference. It seeed like everytime I went for a visit I’d come out with another prescription and more blood tests. My blood pressure checked out normal this morning (120/78) so the Dr gave me the ok to go ahead with surgery on Thursday. I phoned the hospital updated them and they’ve given me the ok to. So unless something urgent comes up – Thursday is the day.

Through all the dramas there have been some positives. All bloods have come back in the normal range. Cholesterol, bad cholesterol, blood sugar etc. My cholesterol could come down a wee bit but it’s within limits.

You want to know what the big news is though. I’ve stopped smoking. I wasn’t a big smoker but nonetheless I still did smoke. I’ve known in the back of my mind the day was coming to call it quits. Having the high blood pressure along with the asthma told me I no longer had any options. It was a big ask considering I’ve smoked since my late teens. So a week on, I’m feeling great, so much more energy and ready to tackle just about anything.

So that’s where I am. Big changes happening in my life but the rewards will be well worth it. Now I need to focus on my diet – because I have to bring my BMI down.

Time to bring out the books again.

Comments

  1. Well done on the smoking!! That is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. Don't forget to try and cut out as many carbs as you can - seriously it will help you lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done stopping smoking girl! Good luck for thursday. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good on you! Hope all goes well on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done in stopping smoking. I have never smoked, but realise it must be so hard to quit!Good luck for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All huge steps in the right direction for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you with quitting the smokes...not easy I know as I been there done that...but ohhh so much better for you!!
    All the best for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the stopping smoking - it's such a good decision - I made it 20 years ago next month and it was without doubt one of the best decisions I ever made. Will be thinking of you on Thursday Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the smoking and hope all went well on Thursday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts