Run down ....

October ... the days are flying by. Christmas soon. Holidays. Summer.

I've managed to lose 1.5 kgs so far. I'm in my third week now so fingers crossed I don't stuff it up. Eating is going well, I think I have shrunk my tummy at last as I'm not looking to stuff too much food down there. I'm trying to eat a lot more slowly too. Have a couple of mouthfuls, put my knife and fork down, etc. I read somewhere once that it takes 20 minutes for the brain to receive the signal that you're full so I'm stretching it out. I also don't drink water with my dinner as apparently it slows down the digestic process. Something about diluting the acid that breaks down the food in your stomach. I'm just eating lots of salads with my lamb, steak, chicken etc and I try to have fish once a week. I've cut down on a lot of carbs but I'm not depriving myself.

I've got myself some new shoes for walking and trackies etc so I'm ready to start off on the exercise phase. I'm also going to try the pool shortly as well.

I'm loving daylight saving - not the cold snap though - but the last couple of days have been mild and I'm really looking forward to the rain disappearing so I can start spending some time outside after work. I know my gardens will love it.

We finally found out what was wrong with Mr T. He's got a gastric ulcer. He has a floppy valve in his stomach causing all the acid to come up. So he's now on Losec and it seems to be working. At least we're starting to get some good night's sleep. It is a relief because at the back of his mind he was thinking the C word. But his xrays and blood tests all came back clear.


Starting to get excited as we're taking some extra time off over Labour Weekend to reunite Mr T with his boat and we're going camping. There's a few of us going so it will be heaps of fun.

And lastly some more good news ..... Grandbaby no.3 is on it's way. Lucas is going to be a big little brother. Due in April. This one we're going to try and cook a bit longer.

Till the next time. Ciao.

Comments

  1. welldone on your loss and congrats on the expected new arrival, we just got a little grand daughter 3 months ago so cute and adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss, onwards and downwards...
    and big CONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful news of another grandie..excitement plus !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts