Yus, long weekend ....

Just cruising now.  Only two hours to go.  I'm looking forward to this weekend - not having to wake up to an alarm, bliss. 

So far I'm down another 500 gms since last post so things are going nicely again.  Looks like I'm getting back into my routine.  I'm enjoying playing around in the kitchen again and getting myself organised.  Plan on doing a big shop this weekend - after I've cleaned out my kitchen cupboards - and stocking them up again.  I use to hate grocery shopping, now I'm starting to enjoy it again.

You all know I enjoy having a wine.  Mr T is a bourbon drinker.  Before his accident he use to drink 4 - 6 bourbons a night.  But since then, because of all the pain meds he's been on his alcohol consumption is pretty close to zero.    I think that in the past two months I've bought two boxes of 12's.  Theres about half a dozen in the fridge now.    Lately I've been drinking diet zero, with loads of ice and sliced lemon or lime.  It's so refreshing and Mr T likes it. 

Now when Mr T and I were on our honeymoon we  partook in the hotel's happy hour everyday, trying different cocktails.




Our favourites were the mozzie and the pina colada.




So I decided to google low carb alcohol drinks (lol, as you do)  and I found a low carb version of the Pina Colada.



Well it looks the same, It looks good, hope it tastes good too.

I'll let you know tomorrow.


Have a happy and safe long weekend and if you're out on the roads,  -  TAKE CARE.

Ciao

Comments

  1. That looks like my kind of drink! I'm glad you are getting back to life as normal after the recent dramas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have sent you a txt re: catching up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM... I think!
    Thanks for the lovely comment on me blog and facebook chick. It's been hard work, but I'm sure it's worth it to give Lacy a good start to her new life with her baby girl.
    And you are so right, we never do give up on our kids, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy...like the look of those drinks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts