A lilttle tired this morning . . .







 Mr T and I had a bit of a late night last night.

We had a bid on an auction that finished at midnight.  But it was worth it.  Because we won it.

We've been slowly doing up our house over the last few years and we've left the biggest one to nearly next to last.

Finances being tight over the last year or so I've almost become resigned to my kitchen not getting done in the near future.  

Until I found kitchens on trade me.  Who would of thought.  Obviously not me.

So I've been checking out the listings and everytime I see one I like I put it on my watchlist not ever thinking of even bidding on it,  but tonight Mr T came to me and said your kitchen closes tonight.   I said nevermind and he goes honey it's solid rimu, it also includes the hob, the oven and rangehood - complete kitchen (minus the fridge, microwave and dishwasher - but I have those anyway)

Unbeknownst to be me Mr T has been checking out my watchlist and it caught his eye too.  He's actually been putting money aside for awhile the little sneak.  Fancy not telling me that. 

But it was worth it and what a surprise.

The thing is we want to sell our house and buy at the beach.  It's not worth putting money into a new kitchen as we wouldn't get our money back.  So this is the next best thing.

So what do you think.

We got it for just over $1,000.   
 


 

 My kitchen is tiny at the moment and is a small U shape.  It would fit from the stove around just past the dishwasher.




But I do have a family room right next door to the kitchen where we can utilise the rest of the cabinets.  



I'm pretty happy right now.  

Especially as my husband is a joiner.


The only question I have to ask is - how long is it going to sit in the workshop until it gets in my kitchen??????

Comments

  1. That's fantastic!! What a bargain! Who woulda thought about looking on Trademe for kitchens ... love it. You must be so excited (I would be) Your hubby is so cute putting money aside like that ... heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...fantastic...and a damn good bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Jen said!!! WOW!!!! Fingers crossed it doesnt sit for too long waiting to go in... maybe if you start pulling the old one out while he is out oneday....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - what a bargain - that is fantastic !!! I hope that it isn't tooooooo long before you get your next kitchen up and operational.
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts