Update and a few photos . . .


 Some of you might have seen these photos that I put on facebook.

We had the grandies for the weekend.  

I'd had the previous week off work to get a few things sorted with the business.  I had a good week which I filed, boxed and stored - turning chaos into organisation and hopefully a system in place that even Mr T can follow.  He is an absolute genius when it comes to aluminium joinery but when it comes to the paperwork he's a walking, talking time bomb.  He just doesn't write notes on paper, but wood, cardboard anything that's within reach.  He's a freakin nightmare.  I live in fear of throwing anything out.  

Anyhow I think I got him about 80 % organised now.  I have whiteboards by the phones, pads, pens and large diaries for when he goes to do measurements.  Hopefully I won't have bits of wood on my desk with numbers and drawings on now.

We hadn't seen the grandies for a couple of weeks so we thought we'd have the two older ones for the weekend.

It was great fun.  

They were both waiting for us to pick them up.  We weren't quite sure if it was their eagerness or their parents, lol.

Never you mind we had a blast.

First stop was Play-utopia.    










 The ball cage was a big hit.

 







PS:  Nana and Poppa survived 3hrs non stop at Play-utopia but we really should have been warned about the assault course.

Off to the $2 shop and the supermarket to stock up on supplies

Then dinner at McDonalds and some more playtime.

 









Then it was time to go home and thanks to Dora Nana and Pop had a bit of reprieve and a cuppa while they watched a DVD.  Enough time for Poppa to hide a few easter eggs.

They had a ball hunting around for the eggs.  Lucas said to me - Nana I think I need a basket. 





 








 Our plan was to tire them out but I think it backfired.

Lucas told some amazing bedtime stories with full expressions, so cool.  Nana had to put her imagination cap on and come up with some stories about dinosaurs and beanstalks off the top of her head.

It was a 4.15 am start (daylight saving time) - didn't see that one coming. 

Managed to keep them semi occupied  till after 8.30 then they headed outside and burned some energy trying to catch bubbles.







We survived till just after lunch when their parents collected them.  

I put a roast lamb on and went and we had a wee nana nap.

We were quite proud on Sunday night that our D-I-L was nominated as a good sorts on TV1 news.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/good-sorts-janelle-baine-video-5397572  


It just capped a perfect weekend for us.  

We had so much fun nana, when can we do it again.

PRICELESS.

We're off this afternoon to New Plymouth.

I've never been to New Plymouth.  Looking forward to it.  
Forgot the camera, kicking myself.  Will have to use our phones instead. 

Have  a happy and safe weekend all.

PS:  I enjoyed some Easter buns and layed off the chocolate.  slight gain that is all.   










Comments

  1. Have a wonderful weekend away, and how is Mr T's CRPS, all in remission I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watched your video ... that is so cool what your DIL has done.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sounds like an awesome weekend!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you have managed to get your paperwork sorted out - I really need to do ours - it is my absolute worst !
    Have a great weekend !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. yuk, paper work...I hate it !!

    Aren't grandee's just the best fun, looked like a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts