I'm being brave . . .




I found this recipe for jam which looks so easy peasy that I might have to try it.  Afterall I'm in to easy.







Finally, after months of not much success I'm finally starting to shift some weight again.  I don't know if it's because of stress and renovations etc that is getting to me but I'll take the losses and smile.   There is a bit of stress to deal with at the moment but I've learnt that things will work out one way or another and I can do it hard by worrying or by putting a smile on my face and pushing through.  It's a lot better smiling - things don't seem quite so bad.


But I am being brave.  The main part of the kitchen is in.  However, the dishwasher isn't working - it needs some extension hose, the oven and hob are in - but not wired, the water wasn't connected.  I took several deep breaths when I went home.  I was absolutely knackered.  Mr T was so pleased with the way the kitchen went in I couldn't tell him I wanted to cry.    Once he'd connected the water up, and we'd managed to sort things about a bit it was a lot better.  There is still a bit to be done.  I'd just wish that we were more prepared and had all our cooking stuff ready at hand.  It took two days to find our camp cooker, but I had my George Foreman grill and I got him to bring the old microwave home from the workshop.  Somehow we'll manage until the electrician comes back.  

Then at the weekend he brought home the platform that he'd made for the spa.    Next thing you know he started dismantling part of the deck.  I'm going like my god - my kitchen is incomplete, my deck is being demolished, I want to cry.  It feels like its going to be  a long time before things are finished.  

Does anyone remember the programme DIY Rescue.  I feel like one of those wives on that show. 

Patience, Lee-Anne, patience.  Remember he's achieved an awful lot so far.  Have faith it will get done!!!

We've had more problems with Josh's mum.  He went to stay with her on Friday night.  She ended up phoning us up and abusing us and yelling and screaming, we could hear Josh in the background,  quite upset.  We'd both had a drink so couldn't drive, she was definitely drunk and in no fit state to do anything but she was threatening to bring him out.  I said if she did I would have the cops on her real fast.  We picked Josh up the next morning.  She's different when she's sober, and not so brave in person.    I wanted to rip into her but refrained as Josh was there and I didn't want to stoop to her level.  She raved on that he doesn't respect he talks badly to her, yells her, yadda yadda yadda.  Well hello woman.  You yell at him, you wonder why???   He doesn't respect her.  He no longer wants to have anything to do with her.  We have 8 months before he turns 16 and then he can legally decide which parent he wants to live with.    We will do our best to keep him with us as long as possible - but we were both in agreement after the last custody battle that we wouldn't go through that again and that Josh would have all the facts.  It cost us thousands only to have the custody order remain exactly the same.   Enough about bad rubbish.

Anyway, I will try and get some photos up tonight.

Ciao for now.
  

Comments

  1. Oh I know exactly how you feel - I hate having projects half finished and then A starting on a new one !!!
    I hope you manage to get it all sorted SOON !!!!
    Sorry to hear about the custody battle that is on-going - that can be so draining. 8 months will be gone in a flash and you can all move forward the way you are meant to.
    Have the best day and keep smiling :)
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. projects half finished ... yuk ...and then starting on a new one, I'd be crying too !!

    Hope all the stress stops soon for Josh and you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the finished kitchen! Interesting "jam" recipe too, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think, come summer, Mr T can cook dinner while you are in the spa drinking a glass of wine or two....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts