The last few weeks have been very hard for me . . .

Every day I get up is a battle.  There are so many things that have to be dealt with that I  feel like I'm drowning.  

It's emotional, personal, financial, health worry.

 It's on the home front, work front and the business.

I am tired and bone weary.

I've felt so down that all I've wanted to do was give up.  I look in the mirror and see an old woman.    I see a woman who has started to neglect herself.  I go home, do the basics and hibernate.  At the weekend I go home, do the basics and hibernate.  I'm not living properly - I'm trying to hide away from everything and hoping it will all go away. 

I love Fridays when I can forget.  I dread Mondays when I wonder if I'm going to make it through the week. 

So I'm battling.

I can't give up and I won't.  I've still got a wee bit of fight left.  

This Monday was a better start to the week and here we are at Wednesday and it's still getting better.  Let's pray this is the turning point that I've waited for - so far so good.

Hopefully the change of season, Spring, meaning new life, lives up to its name.    

I can help myself too.  

I can smile, even if I don't want too.  I can laugh, even if I don't want too.  I can go home shave my legs, do my eyebrows and put a rinse through my hair.  I can drag myself off to bed early tonight and hopefully fall asleep.  I can tell myself everything is going to be okay.  

And I can believe it.


Comments

  1. Try doing the basics plus one other thing then hibernating. Then add something more a couple of days later. Do one small thing each day that makes you smile. It is really hard when it feels like everything is crap and there is no respite - but this week has looked up already, make the most of it while you can.

    If you can't sleep, write down everything that is going through your mind, it won't solve it but it is amazing how much better you feel once it is out of your head onto paper. You will get a decent nights sleep and that is something that makes a huge difference to how you feel and how you cope with the day to day hardships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. I know that's what I have to do.

      Delete
  2. Huge {{{HUGS}}} Chick. so sad to hear life is full of misery right now. Here's hoping the change in season brings some good changes for you too.
    I have no words of wisdom, having been there, done that... and some days are just like yours for me too.
    All I can say is... put ya face on at the least! We girls always feel a tiny bit better if our face is on.
    Works for me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Just over the dramas. Time to put my big girl undies on (and my pretty face, lol). Be nice to have a wee respite from hassles.

      Delete
  3. I agree with what Tracey said - try to make small changes slowly rather than big changes that are over whelming. Have you had your hormones checked recently ? I only ask because I felt like that last year and it was my hormones that were out of whack.
    Take care and look after yourself or better still ask Mr T to look after you !!
    Long may your better days continue.
    Love, hugs and positive energy !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Will start to look after myself. Hormones certainly don't help.

      Delete
  4. Sent you a txt, time for a catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the chat today. Look forward to our lunch date.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear this - i have no idea about your circumstances and what is causing this. I hope it is something that will resolve - life shouldn't be this hard, it seems you've had it hard for a long time now.

    No words of wisdom, but yes, putting on a happy face and faking it can often do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda. It has been a tough couple of years. Just everything getting on top of me. I am fighter and everything will come right again. But you are so right in saying life shouldn't be this hard. That's what I let get to me.

      Delete
  6. Thinking of you and hoping that the change of season helps.. I know it does me! I am a misery bag over winter. The days are getting longer, warmer and brighter :)
    only 70 more sleeps til I get to Auckland!!! I do hope you are still able to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still be there. Won't keep me away. Crikey that time is creeping up fast.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts