The brighter side ....

Sometimes having a grump and a whinge is a good thing. Today I feel better. I’d actually forgotten about the “M” word thanks Anni. Thanks for the reminder - I think. Lol.

Despite my moans and groans of yesterday the past couple of weeks I have been very good with my food choices and with sticking to plan. I’ve been cutting back on the caffeine and started drinking a lot more water. I’m eating plenty of fruit and veges and snacking on low point foods. I dusted off my pedometer and started wearing it again. Apart from a couple of sedentary days I’ve been averaging between 8,000 – 12,000 steps a day. On the weekends when I’m wearing my jeans I clip the pedometer onto my undies instead of my jeans. It works. Before the band use to fold over and wouldn't record my steps.

A couple of weeks ago I set myself a goal to lose 10 kgs. I didn’t put a time limit on it. I just wanted to have something to work towards. As of this morning I’ve lost 2.3 kgs. Today I feel great. Not only are the scales kind but my skirt is slipping on my waist.

These are the “feel good” things that help to spur you on and keep you going. When you know you’re succeeding and you get those happy endorphins rushing around inside you it cranks up your confidence and willpower another notch.

Mr T has been quite brutal with me lately I have to confess. He’s told me I have to get rid of all the clothes I don’t wear out of the wardrobe and my drawers. He’s been very firm about this too I might add. I finally achieved this mammoth task at the weekend. I have to admit that I really didn’t know I had that many clothes. I also managed to “find” a few items that I had forgotten about.

I’ve put aside a suit and a dress that I really would like to get back into this summer. They are both size 10. I am going to keep them in the front of my “new” wardrobe. They’re going to be my “dangling carrots” so to speak.

At the end of this strenuous and difficult exercise, trust me it was very difficult, I have now culled my wardrobe by well over half.

I was very pleased with myself and Mr T was very proud of me too. So I thought it was a good time to show him the two new dresses that I’d bought. Should of seen his face. Priceless!!!! Ha, ha.

The only thing is that now I have a new problem.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THOSE COATHANGERS!!!!!!!


No seriously I do know. I just have to break it to Mr T very gently.

Comments

  1. WEll done on culling the wardrobe, something I should do too! But not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooops sorry about the deleted post....I mucked it up!!

    Would have loved to have seen Mr T's face....bet it was priceless!!
    But well done on the culling effort.

    Keep smiling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that a grump and whince can sometimes be a good thing!

    LOL at Mr T being so ruthless about your wardrobe. I've had a couple of goes at mine but still lots not worn in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts