Times they are a changing ......

Lately there’s been so many bloggers saying, goodbye ….. farewell.

Bye Becks, bye Emily ...

It’s a wee bit sad. Over the past few years you get to know them and become friends and become involved in the day to day ups and downs that we all go through and offer support and comfort to each other.

But there are still a few of us here and I need this forum to have an outlet. I do get support here and I’ve made some wonderful friendships. So I don’t plan on going anywhere even tho I don’t blog as often.

Righto then. What’s been happening.

Well on the weight loss side last Thursday I lost another 800 grams bringing me down to 3.1 kgs lost – another 6.9kg to go to get to my 10 kg goal.

I’ve been 50% good and 50% bad. I think you can measure my motivation at the moment by comparing it with the weather. I’ve had days when the weather has been cold and wet and I just feel like eating. The minute the sun comes out I feel inspired and only want to eat nice light, healthy foods. Thank goodness it’s only the “start” of the better weather.

I’ve also hated this past winter with a passion. I have been in such a hole the whole time. So many things have been happening and I feel like I’ve been running on overload ready to explode at any time. I have not been happy - but trying to be happy on the outside. Mr T is my one bright light.

Sunday I shocked the pool to ready it for the summer. Mr T and I sat out in the pool area and had a drink and a yak. The sun was still shining and it was warm. It felt wonderful. I felt alive. This is how I want to feel everyday. Finally the weather’s changing ….

The weekend we also changed the light sockets and plugs and put up the new light fittings. The bedroom is looking great. Mr T hung my paintings up and now the room has some color. It looks lovely. I just don’t have my wardrobe finished. The last thing. I’m also not going to rush into buying a new duvet set. I’m looking but haven’t seen anything to take my fancy tho.

Our bed is huge. We still have a queen size bed but when we put our mattress on the slats – it was just too darn hard for Mr T to sleep on. So we ended up putting the base on as well. Our bed now comes up to my belly button. I need a step ladder or a mini tramp to get into bed. Mr T gives me a leg up sometimes. Lol, it is so funny. I feel like a little person in a giant’s bed. The morning after the first night we slept in it I woke up groggy and went to get out of bed – and I had the sensation of falling – until at last my feet touched the floor. I guess we will need a new mattress.

I have been trying to download photos onto my blog since Thursday. I have not been successful at all. For some reason it’s just not working for me. I’ll have to get Mr T on to it. I’m sure he’ll sort it out in no time.

On Thursday, Josh see’s the lawyer. We see the lawyer on Friday. This custody battle is coming to an end. Josh has been quite funny ever since he came back from his mother’s this Sunday. Quiet, moody and very grumpy. He’s become quite demanding. Something’s up. Either his mother has told him something or he’s sensing things.

We too are at the end. It’s all been very taxing for us. I am so over it people. I haven’t realised how much it has affected me until lately.

I just want everything sorted so we can move forward with our lives.

I admit this is a funny kind of a post. A bit over the place but just letting out a few things that have been running through my head lately.

I’m going to make it a priority to start relaxing and enjoying things from here on in and try not to stress.

Well that’s the plan anyway.

Ciao.

Comments

  1. Yep - I miss the old bloggers that have disappeared. I don't think I'll be going anywhere soon though. I like the support.

    You must be going through a bit with the custody, hope it all works out for Josh. Makes you wonder what is up with him and what may have been said.

    Well done on the loss. Like you I seem to find it easier when the weather is nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep your post is full on.... too much to comment on babe! Looking forward to popping down to your's over summer for a BBQ and swim in that pool! Ya lucky tart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think it's good that you emptied your head out in this post - you always feel heaps better. Hopefully things will start to fall into place for you with this custody issue - a huge strain on you I'm sure. Bring on the sunshine! Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is strange when bloggers decide to disappear. My worst was probably someone who I had LOTS of contact with when I was in Auckland. (they lived in Akl too) and I thought we had become friends as they would quite regulary drive down to my place and we would sit and natter over coffee, then suddenly they decided not to blog and I never heard from them again. (I assumed the friendship side of things would continue, but nope, havn't heard a bean in over 2 years).

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: I did e-mail a couple of times to say hi, but all communication from their side stopped so it appeared they wanted to end all contact with people they knew through blogging. (was a bit weird).

    Anyway, your bedroom sounds like its almost done, will be great to see the end results when you post the pic's.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When things calm down a bit, you want to catch up for a visit, I can come over and see you one weekend when I don't have the munchkins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont blog, so i cant complain when people stop, but I love your blog, and Becks and Emily, I would miss Diet Coke Rocks if she stopped, hell Id pay her to keep going....just joking,.Anyway thought I would comment and say hi,

    cheers

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts