It's raining, it's pouring ....

I better not continue with that song, I might get in trouble.

Time’s flying by, things have just been so busy. I haven’t even noticed I haven’t been blogging. Now that’s not natural.

The weather has been total crap. It’s been so cold, wet, miserable, windy not to mention freak things like snowboarding at the beach and cars buried in hail!!!!! The last two Sundays I’ve been hibernating in my nice warm bed and in front of a fire watching dvd’s despite originally having every good intention of battling the elements and doing some work outside.

So it’s not surprising to jump on the scales and see them go up rather than down. Surprising – no, disappointing – yes. I mean I really DO know better. I know not to eat four pieces of toast with melted butter loaded with peanut butter, then sandwiches, cheese and crackers and finally fish and chips and battered mussels. And I also know that eating all that is going to make me have no or low energy, bloating which leads to having a “fat” day where I feel sorry for myself and wonder why it’s so hard to stay on track.

So yes I’m not surprised.

So this is what I’ve done/doing.

I’ve dyed my hair. Instantly made me feel brighter and younger. Tidied up myself. How you look on the outside reflects how you feel on the inside.

No more carb overload. Just remembering what I ate makes me feel heavier. Too much.

Going to change my weigh in days to Tuesdays. This will take me out of my comfort zone. I always like a few days to recover after the weekend. I won’t be able to recover in a day if I have a blow out in the weekend.

And most importantly I’m going to tell myself that yes while a bad day of eating will make me feel like crap and suffer from guilt feelings, a day of good eating will turn it around and make me feel great and remind me I CAN DO THIS.

Comments

  1. Good on you, I just rang Jenny Craig so I will await their call tomorrow and find out how much it will cost me, probably morethan I am will to shell out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can do it!! Just think of that holiday to rarotonga!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you can do it....I need that motivation too !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your profile pic looks gorgeous so you have the whole outside thing going on, and the inside just has to hurry up and catch up.

    We can do it, we just have to remember to do it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know that feeling about looking good on the outside can make you feel so much better. You can do this it will happen......

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOO *drooling*... peanut butter and toast... YIkes where was I? Dreaming eh?
    Nice to see you are still around.
    And that all is good with you.
    I dyed my hair too.. darker! It's weird.
    Might never go blonde again! lol
    Well maybe not..
    Good luck getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts