Well I did it ..

And had a loss of 400 gms. I’ve decided to go back to weighing in kgs again. My weight was getting dangerously close to the number I don’t ever want to see. So even a 400 gm loss is going to start widening the gap again. Buggar it is so easy to become complacent. You can be going great guns for a few days and even weeks, feeling great then hello, there’s a little hurdle and ends up going downward from there.

I really, really want to be 15 – 20 kgs lighter by the time my next wedding anniversary rolls around. It sickens me to know that I’ve put on another 5 kgs since my wedding. While I really want to lose weight I’m not really putting in the effort. I just keep burying my head in the sand and thinking hey it’s going to happen without me doing anything.

So to lose 20 kgs in 10 months is not a huge ask. It’s only 2 kg a month. In fact even less as I’m not sure I want to lose that much. So for now I’m just going to work on my first 5 down. After weigh in that’s now only 4.6kg to go.

I really tried this morning to have some breakfast. I swear my body is not use to eating so early after I’ve woken up. I managed about 4 teaspoons of muesli. I would have been better off with just a banana. At least I’m not feeling hungry now which is good. I normally start feeling hungry just after 11. I made myself a wrap for lunch which I will have very shortly. So far so good. But there’s still a few good hours left in the day for me to stuff it up.

My challenge for myself tonight is to find one thing to do that will make me feel better about myself. Somehow I think it’s going to involve housework.

Right now I have to go out and buy myself some new stockings cause I just put a huge ladder in the ones I’m wearing.

Ciao

Comments

  1. So, so eary to become complacent. That's where I am right now and I know I need/have to snap out of it.

    You've made a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Well done on the loss! You're on the right track now, you CAN keep it up :)

    Did you find something to cheer you up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on day one of losing again....and for a change I feel real good about myself, even thou the scales tell me something I didn't want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you hate those early morning ladders in the stockings.. aaaarggghhh..

    Yes, it is easy to get complacent, and the weight just seems to jump right back on. BUT you haven't just let it slide. You are taking back control in little steps that will have that first 5kgs gone soon, and the others right behind it.

    Just keep going *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts