Another week, another new beginning

Well, now that the week from hell is done and dusted maybe I can spend a little bit of time focusing on getting myself back on the right track and mindset.

Normally I can handle whatever comes my way no matter what but lately just too much and I could feel myself shutting down and losing control. I just badly need a holiday and for once, just once the powers that be, be nice to me and Mr T and everything go smoothly instead of having to deal with things at 100 kmph.

This time last year I joined WW’s and lost over 5 kgs before xmas. I needed to lose more but those 5 kgs did help. I still have my folder with all the recipes etc plus luckily I have my weekly food plans which I’d written down. So I’ve got a place to start over again. Hopefully I can replicate that and keep the numbers going down. I’ve just read Rachels post and wow what a great loss she had. I’m going to make water my friend too.

A positive thing is that I got my new glasses on Friday. I had no choice really. The other ones fell off my head and I accidently knelt on them and broke the arm. Black insulation tape is not a good look either. So I bit the bullet and went for an eye exam and Mr T and I picked a few frames to try (which I ran past the girls at work too) and viola now I can see properly again. Just over the weekend I’ve noticed I’m not squinting as much later in the day. So hopefully that will go a long way to stop me from feeling so tired as well.

We spent the weekend ripping up the carpet in the lounge, dining room and the hallway. Lordy I have never seen so much dust. But boy, what gorgeous matai floors I have. And polished to boot as well. But after cleaning them and waking up this morning to a cooler house (and an echo) I think no, I definitely prefer carpet. It’s better anyway with the grandbabies. But I’ll enjoy them anyway for the next week.

So here I am back again. Another week, another new beginning. But a better frame of mind.

Ciao

Comments

  1. You and me both another new week, but have already stuffed up todays eating whoops..... maybe we need to go for a walk sometime soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you keep beginning thats the main thing, never give in...and yes keep the water up, it sure does help !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to eat better, baby steps....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts