The Good, the Bad and the Ugly ...

The Good …..
Well I am still here. Had a great long weekend up at Tapu. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. We caught 28 snapper. Had seafood galore. It was awesome.

Only 17 more days to grandbabies imminent arrival. How exciting. She’s due on the 22nd and it’s Poppa’s birthday on the 16th . She’ll make a fabulous birthday pressie.

The Bad ….
Our Labour weekend was a success in that we had a lot of fun and lots of fishing. But what happened at the end wasn’t.

Our last trip in to the boat ramp was chaotic. Everyone was heading in at the same time. There were over 20 boats queued up and another 15 or so waiting out at sea (like us) to come in. I sent a txt back to the camp to let them know we would be late and looked up in time to see flames coming out of the motor. I was seriously considering jumping overboard. Thankfully Mr T sorted it out. But in his panic to start the auxiliary motor (because we were drifting) he flooded it. Luckily another boatie came to our rescue and towed us in. One way of jumping the queue I guess. Only as he was towing us in he ran over a rock and almost capsized his boat. Freaky. We made it back to camp a couple of hours later. That was drama no.1.

Drama no. 2 came when we were traveling home. Just outside of Thames there was a bloody noise. Sounded like a flipping helicopter landing on the roof. The short version was the wheel nuts sheered off and we nearly lost the wheel and ultimately the boat. Lucky for us this happened next door to a Mobil garage station at Kopu and they very kindly let us lock the boat in their garage. We were very grateful as we had half our camping gear in the boat. We only had to worry about how to get the boat home. Mr T was able to sort this out the next day thank goodness.


I’m way too stressed. I’ve been full on busy and everything is piling up. Some days have been a real struggle and I’m feeling physically exhausted. I’m hoping for some of it to ease off. Real soon.

I spoke to my sister last week and she told me that my mum isn’t very good. So I went over on Saturday to see her. As soon as my sister left mum told me that she’s booked her funeral, she took me through the whole service, she explained her wishes to me regarding the will and her estate. I was punch shocked. I was trying to be strong but crying at the same time. My mum has to be organised. She always has. Her way of dealing with everything. In a way it’s like she has the last say. This all came about after she ended up in hospital about three months ago. She was having trouble breathing as she had so much fluid on her lungs. She got scared then and decided she was going to finalise her matters which she did. She changed her will and paid for her funeral. Last week the Doctor told her that her lungs aren’t going to get any better. Even the warmer weather is not going to help. In a lot of ways, I think mum is just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I’m still coming to terms with this and having the odd weepy moment. She has told me that she’s not planning on going anywhere till after xmas anyway cause she’s bought all her presents.

The Ugly is me …..
That’s how I’m feeling.

Comments

  1. The Good: is very good, and exciting.
    The Bad: is really bad! What caused the boat motor to burn??? They say things go in 3's..so the fire, the rock and the wheel nuts... 3 done and dusted!
    The Ugly: well I'm sure you're not!

    Sorry about your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I can understand why you're feeling stressed. Those bads were certainly bad but that good is bloody awesome. Have to say that I just love your Mum's attitude - I can relate as I'm a planner and control freak too but just loved her comment that she's not going anywhere before Christmas because of the pressies!! but none of that helps you - really feel for you. Ugly! - I think not!but I know how we feel sometimes when we lose the plot and aren't sure how to get back the story line - but you could always try role reversal and get a handsome prince to kiss you!!! Love to you and the BC Zxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts