OMG!!!! I just have to share this .....

This still sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it.


The photo was taken at the entrance to Katlian Bay at the end of the road in Sitka , Alaska ....
The whale is coming up to scoop up a mouthful of herring......... (the small fish seen at the surface around the kayak). The kayaker is a local Sitka Dentist. He apparently didnt sustain any injuries from the terrifying experience. The whale was just around the corner from the ferry terminal, and all the kayaker could think at that moment in time was: "Paddle Man - really fast!"






The whale's mouth is fully open with the bottom half under the boat. If the whale had closed his mouth before he furiously paddled away - He might have been LUNCH!!! Look at the picture again - He is in the whale's MOUTH!



Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Brrrrrrr....




So my apologies for slacking again. So many things just happening at once and not much spare time.


I've had good and bad days as far as eating goes. Those bad days are when I run out of time and don't get a chance to plan AHEAD. Overall though I am being conscious of what I am eating and try to make the best choices.



I've been low carbing for a week and I'm hoping it's going to help make a bit of a difference as I've been feeling a bit bloatey and blah. Awful feeling. I'm not a breakfast person but I've found that a couple of hard boiled eggs in the morning works great for me and I try to keep some protein snacks in the fridge at work and home like cheese sticks, frankfurters or even tiny peanut snack packs. The trick is to eat slowly. Somehow it makes me feel fuller for longer.



Lynda has lots of good advice on her blog at the moment for low carbing which is really helpful.


Next week I'm going to make myself get to the pool three days a week. I have just got to shift some of this weight from my chest and waist. I'm so unfit. Once I start I will be fine. I know it.



We went camping over Labour Weekend. There was a few of us that went and we had such a fantastic time. We really needed a break and it was just what we needed. Beautiful weather, lots of seafood and plenty of FISH. Someone caught lots of fish which upset Mr T because he wasn't even getting nibbles. Next time I told him I would teach him how to fish. Oops - did I say that out loud. Ha, ha.


November is a full month. We only have one free weekend and I want it to be fine as I want to tidy up the section before Christmas. We've had a new fence and gate put up out the back because while the pool is enclosed and can be locked, it's mostly left open in summer because it gets a lot of use and now with both grandies mobile I wanted it a lot more safer. We've also put Josh's slider in so he can now use his deck. I'm so looking forward to summer, it's already a lot warmer and I'm able to have my morning cuppa out on the deck.


I've got a new camera and lots of photos to share. So will do a photo post very soon.


In the meantime I better go finish off the last minute things I need to do for an Award Ceremony tonight. Catch you soon.


Ciao.







Comments

  1. So glad I wasn't that kayaker !!!!!

    Good to see you back - looking forward to all the photos you are going to post.

    Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen that pic before...mighty scary!!

    Looking forward to the pics.

    Take care, keep smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I am not working will be studying full time extramuraly through Massey. And yes would love to catch up for lunch soon. Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I couldn't leave a comment on your current page so I'll leave one here. Fantastic news on not feeling hungry and going without carbs. For me the lack of appetite is the reason I do it but I know there are far more benefits than that. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see you have blogged again, but your current page is not showing....bugga!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts