Nearly birthday month .....

It's my birthday next Saturday. The big one. 5-0. I'm perfectly fine with that, the number doesn't bother me. Funny enough the one that did bother me was my 25th. I'd just had my 1st baby and it hit me that I was a "quarter of century!!!!". I thought my life was nearly over. Lol. I got over it though, after a day or two. Turning 30 and 40 I thought I didn't look too bad. Now here I am at 50 and I can still say I've weathered the years okay.

I started doing birthday weeks a few years ago to make sure I do things for me that make me happy. As a wife and a mother we women tend to put ourselves at the bottom of the needs and wants list. So for a week I go to the top of the list.

Only this year it's not birthday week. To mark this auspicious number and for historical purposes it's going to be birthday month. And it's starting this Thursday because I'm taking an extra day off and we're going fishing over the long weekend. Those fish have just been swimming around getting bigger and bigger waiting for me to come catch them.

Then the following weekend, which is my birthday, we have a wedding to go on the Sunday in Hamilton so we'll stay a couple of nights there.

The weekend after that we will have something with the kids and friends. Some want a pool party. I don't care, I'm not doing the organising.

Plus there will be heaps of other celebrations to enjoy as well.

So what do I want for my birthday. Nothing really. I've got pretty much what I need and want to make me happy. Except perhaps it would be nice to see a new number -


76

Comments

  1. Enjoy every minute of it !!!

    Funny I also thought I was old at 25 and had the same 'quarter of a century' moment - lol !

    HAve a great long weekend !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 76 again today!!!! Looks like that is my new number. Now I'll be waiting a week or two and looking for 75 :)

    Fifty is fine, heck I'm 56 this year now that is getting scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No luck with the coconut flour yet, hope to get to Tauranga this weekend maybe and will check it out there in a whole food shop and will check bin inn as well. Or I will order it online if no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I saw you were asking about coconut flour? If you can't get it where you live there are many online places that sell all sorts of things. Try this one: http://www.frot.co.nz/nature/coconut.htm

    They have a small 250g trial size which could be good. I'm sure there are other places too or you could just phone around local health places?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And there is a list of places around the country that sell this kind of stuff:
    http://www.frot.co.nz/dietnet/resources/wheretoshop.htm#BOP

    ReplyDelete
  6. 50 is a nice number... and it is just that.
    I hope you have a blast this month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts