Food and weight .....

I haven't blogged about my weight or my blog for over a month now. So how have I been going.  To be honest .... up and down.

Because circumstances of the last five to six weeks have thrown me off balance a bit I am still down.  Today I weighed in at 74.1.  That 73 is just out of reach.  But I will get there.  

Everyday throws new challenges.  Just have to deal with them best I can. Anzac Day, night before, we were invited to friends house for a "holiday"  They have such a beautiful home with the best views of Rotorua.  We were thoroughly spoilt and pampered. The food was deliciously devine and I even partook in the lovely bread that was there.  Simply because it smelt so wonderful.  I did not feel guilty in the slightest because I knew it was not going to happen all the time.  The way I'm eating has become my way of life and if on occasion I divert from that then thats okay.  If I worried about it then it becomes a diet.  I fail at diets.  

I have had a few carbs in the past few weeks - not my choice but by necessity.  Spending time at the hospital at inopportune times means I have to fuel my body.  That is not easy with hospital food.  Our hospital now only has a cafe.  

I've eaten a few sandwiches because I have to eat.  I still tho try to make the best choice I can.   

Last night it was sandwiches.  Sitting and waiting in ER  Mr T and I were starting to get hungry. It's all that was left.  So nevermind.

Tonight is different.


I put a chicken in the crockpot this morning seasoned with Italian herbs.  It smells divine. 

When I got home I got our veges ready to go in for roasting.


 A little bit of everything.  Cauli, broccoli, butternup, mushrooms, all kinds of peppers, onions, kumara and courgettes.

So I'm still making the best choices for dinner and after all - who can complain eating this way!!!!

Ciao

Comments

  1. I think that you are taking the right approach. Do the best you can in the circumstances and if things creep in occasionally - well, that is life and that is what happens.

    Keep up the great job you are doing and wishes for a speedy recovery for Mr T.

    Love, hugs and positive energy !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LeeAnne

    Could you please tell me how you do your chicken in the slow cooker ... I have been wanting to try this for ages and cooking (regardless of how simple) without a recipe for me is painful and I cannot find a simple chicken in a slow cooker recipe.

    Thanks You

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto for the chicken recipe for slow cooker, I've never done one yet.

    Those veges look amazing!! I think you've been doing really well and I agree, it is a lifestyle not a diet. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, dinner looks yummo! Yes,I'm back and having fun rearranging my blog. feeling inspired to do well again after doing so BAD for the last three years...Thx for the encouraging comments xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts