It's taken a while . . .

But the scales are heading down again.  

I'm really enjoying finding new recipes and trying them out. 

I absolutely love cauliflour mash.  I would never have thought of it as an alternative to potatoes.  

I came across this  recipe and I thought I might try it out.



Recipe:

1 Head of cauliflower
1 Tbsp basil and/or oregano
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp white pepper
2 Eggs
Salt, to taste
Sharp cheddar or Parmesan cheese optional

Boil the florets and stems of cauliflower until well cooked. Transfer to Vitamix (or food processor) and blend until smooth. Let cool.
Add spices and eggs. Mix very well.
Grease a baking sheet or stone or use parchment paper. Pat down cauliflower mixture until about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, try to get as even as possible. If you want to add cheese, sprinkle over the top of the "crust".
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Then increase to broil for about 10 minutes, or until edges and cheese lightly brown. If you would like even crispness take out of the oven and cut into slices, then flip over and brown the other side.


Looks quite simple and easy to make.  My kind of recipe.

My kitchen has arrived.  However it will take a while before it goes in.  But I'm happy to wait.  

I was a bit frantic on Sunday.  Mr T went to Auckland to pick it up and I was so worried because of the weather.  The night before we'd had a pretty loud thunderstorm with more of the same forecasted along with gale force winds.  He made the decision in the morning to go and managed to get up their and get loaded before the heavens opened up again.  He got back home around 5 - him and the kitchen intact. 

So now it's waiting to be remodelled for my kitchen.  I will be patient.  I will do my best.  I will not nag.  Maybe a hint or two every now and then wouldn't hurt tho.

Ciao  

Comments

  1. That recipe looks great and I don't see why you couldn't put real onion and real garlic into it! Much less salt that way from those flavourings. We love our cauliflower mash too - it really is like potato!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like an awesome recipe... might give that one a try sometime too. And yep we love cauli mash too! having it tonight infact

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have even tried the cauliflower mash...and quite enjoy it.

    yep, no nagging...but maybe a few little hints every so often....:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts