Ditching the Wheat . . .


 It's what works for me.  I'm cutting out bread, pasta and rice.  

I've lost and maintained a 4 kg loss since late last year which is good but with the colder weather now upon us I want to feel good in my jeans, no urge to undo the top button or have a muffin roll.

Pretty much I've been pretty good with my carb intake even though I have been having bread occasionally.  But the week leading up to Easter we did have a few buns.  Both at work and at home.  Come Sunday, I was feeling a little blah - scales were the same - but I felt so bloated.

So I made up my mind to commit to what works for me.  Just wanted to get the feeling back that I had a couple of years ago when I lost 13 kgs.
 
Today is Day 2 of no wheat.  I will let you know how I'm going after 14 days.

I hope everyone had a great Easter.  For us it was just a time to relax and weather being crappy the whole time there was no guilt about doing just that.  

We had Jamie and Krystal down from Whangarei and Auckland so that was great.  Had a chance to catch up and do a bit of pampering.  Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to do it again.  Auckland pretty much will be where we will all get together.

Righto another short week - 3 days work, 3 days off.  Then apart from Queens Birthday it will be the long cold days till October.  So better make the most of it.

Catch ya soon.



Comments

  1. Good luck - if it worked last time, it will work again. I don't miss wheat at all - mind you, it's been a long time now... still not tempted by it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it again, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will be fine,I am planning to start in the next couple of days again in doing low carb, just got to make sure things body wise are all back to normal - Easter was good this year with all the rain like you said a good reason just to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the 'no wheat' thing... and yes it will be a long cold winter I think. Anzac day, Queen's Birthday then nothing till October.
    Seems weird having so many public holidays in a short period, then nothing for months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wheat free is good when you get the hang of it. :) Time for us all to get cracking and get rid of the excess we have managed to accumulate over the last couple of years!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts