I've had enough . . .


The last month has been a nightmare.

I have always thought I was strong and could deal with anything.  

But I got stopped in my tracks.

I let everything overwhelm me and I really started to struggle.  

Then my body said enough.  

It started on a Saturday evening, a slight pain on the left side of my neck.  By Sunday it had spread all over my head and down my right side of my neck.  That night I got the chills.  I mean teeth chattering uncontrollably.   So I got into bed and turned the electric blanket onto 3.  I thought it was the start of the flu - so I thought I'd sweat it out.

In the morning I felt like shit so stayed home.  I slept all day.  I can never remember staying in bed for so long in my whole life.  I noticed my forehead starting to tingle and it looked like a red rash and was swelling.  On the Tuesday the rash had spread a bit more, but I went to work anyway because my Doctor is just a couple of doors up and I was going to get it checked out.  

Verdict:   Shingles

Funny she asked me if I had any emotional stress lately.  

So I went back to work and cleared immediate things up and went home.  I thought I'd be back in a couple of days.

Nearly two weeks later.

My body went through an amazing transformation.  I literally watched my whole face swell and become distorted.  It was like a veil.

From my forehead, to my eyelids, to my nose, under my eyes, to my cheek bones, to my jaw.  Then it stopped.  I was  scared it would go down my neck and threaten my breathing - but it stopped at my chin.  

For two weeks I never left the house.  I didn't want to see anyone.  I would have cried if I wasn't scared my eyes would swell completely shut.

This people, is what stress can do to you.














I didn't leave the house for two weeks.  Do you blame me.  

I wasn't convinced it was shingles.  Shingles only happens on one side of the body - and blisters. I didn't have blisters.  I laid on the couch for hours with cold flannels and ice to help reduce the swelling.  Of course I googled severe swollen face, and came up with hives.  The symptons and images were more like what I was experiencing.  So I emailed the doctor with the photos and asked if I could take some antihistamines as well.  

I didn't get to see my grandbabies as shingles has the chickenpox virus.

But I'm nearly back to normal.  I took this just before.








My eyes are a little bit saggy, considering what they went through,  but hopefully they'll tighten up a wee more.  A few more cucumber slices and ice.

At the moment I'm wearing minimal makeup too.  

The good news is:

I am so well rested.  It's a great feeling. I know now that my body has been feeling tired for a very long time.  

I've got a lot more energy. 

I dropped nearly 4 kgs.

I didn't dwell on the stressful things.  Normally I would have pushed through and kept on going about my day to day life. This time however there was no way I was going to show my face in public so I was "forced" to stay home and do nothing.

I believe my body told me enough is enough.  It put me in a place where it could heal me.

And it worked.  Because I am back.  I am strong again.

And finally Mr T and I are pleased to announce the arrival of our latest grandbaby - 

Jaxon David 
Born Friday7 March 1.20 am
7lb 5oz





Beautiful.

How perfect.  Kayla kissed mummy's tummy the night before and when she woke up there was bub.









 Gorgeous babies.

So there you go, lots of things are starting to fall into place.  

Lots of smiles and lots of happiness after the gloom.

The journey continues.


Ciao










Comments

  1. Lord... now that shocked me. You poor thing going through that!! Now you know why they say stress is a killer. I'm so glad you are feeling better and congratulations on your beautiful new grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about how sick you have been. My Dad had shingles on his face and it didn't look anything like that - it's good that it's cleared up and that you are so well rested. I know what you mean about if you don't rest your body eventually makes it that that is all you can do. My body did that to me about 10 yrs ago - I didn't have the swollen face but my body just pretty much shut down and forced me to rest. We should learn to listen to our bodies more closely - and we should act on what we hear when it talks !!!!! LOL
    Huge congratulations on your new grandson - you must be so proud !
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody hell girl, you didn't need to go out in sympathy with me lol - glad things are all settling down and yip up for lunch anytime, let me know when you are free :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and congrats on the latest grand baby :)

      Delete
  4. Oh dear... thats a harsh wake up call :( but making me think... sadly I am letting stress take over my life.. and anxiety attacks are almost daily... I am so glad you are better now!!! I wish I could take some time out to rest.... Trying to get easter week off but apparently the boss wants it off also... and I am 2ic... so we cant both be off :( Of well i am trying to get time out before i end up like yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When your body protests so much then you need to listen. As horrible & stressful things are, you need to make sure you don't let it do this to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG !! What a wake up call…so happy you listened. Keep healing and taking care of you…xx

    And congrats on the birth of the wee grandchild...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Chick! You poor bugger. OMG. If it was an allergic reaction to something, I'd be trying to figure out what!
    I've had hives before, they did not look like that. Just huge red, massively itchy rash all over my body, started on my head and over a month slowly worked it's way down my entire body.
    Oh yes, my ears/lips swelled up like your face did, but not my eyes. Did you get dreadfully itchy? If not, it probably WASN'T hives.
    I'm just thankful you are almost all better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you looked so sick. Hope you feel better now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts