To breakfast or not to breakfast ....

I’m one of those shocking people who always skips breakfast. I know, I know but I just really find it hard to eat so early in the morning. I need to be awake and on the go for a couple of hours before I feel like food.

But I know that eating breakfast is important to kickstart the metabolism. But I find that sometimes it kickstarts a feeding frenzy within me as well that lasts right through the day.

At the weekends I generally have something to eat around 10 ish like eggs on toast, muffins etc. Funny enough food never enters my brain until teatime. Maybe because I’m busy and more active instead of just sitting down in front of a computer.

So with that in mind this last week I have my “breakfast” at 10 am. During the week I chop up some fruit and mix it with a tub of yoghurt. Then at about 12.30 I have a chicken salad or some other kind of meat salad for lunch followed by an apple around 3. Sticking to this timeframe I’ve found curbs my food cravings. I’m not tempted to attack the snack box. In fact I don’t think about food. Dinner I have no carbs at all.

I’m hoping in three weeks I will no longer have the desire or need to eat for the sake of eating.

I’ve also taken steps to change my environment too. I’m hoping by this time next week all will be bright and cheery in my world again.

What timing too. My spring bulbs are starting to flower, it’s daylight till around 6 at night, daylight savings starts next month (28th September) and it’s only 26 more days till spring.

Now that’s something to get excited about.

Comments

  1. I have always struggled eating breakfast. I'm a savoury girl especially at breakie. The thought of eating fruit or yoghurt or cereal makes me cringe. And savoury stuff takes time and effort and unfortunately I get lazy. Certainly something alot of us need to work on. Sorry I've been scarce of late... crazy, crazy time!! (and unfortunately don't see it getting any better ... arrghhhhh!!! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you roll on Spring or better still summer, I hate winter, it makes me very grumpy and I think cabin fever is setting in, too many teenagers crowding my space, looking forward to my little get away in a couple of weeks :)
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really over this winter. I liked the reminder of not many days until Spring. Better still for us to think we are on holiday for some of that time.

    Breakfast - never, ever used to bother, then I started at WW and made a point of having it, now it's the first thing I do! Have a thing for banana smoothies at the moment. Just with a bit of youghurt and skim milk.

    You are doing well with how you are coping with your food cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there - just trying to catch up on your goings on - the wedding photos are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're sounding very focussed - it's good to analyse what we can do differently to get things cranked up. Hope you're feeling a bit cheerier with the prospect of spring. I suspect part of it is that you've been running in overdrive for a long time and it sounds like you might just be getting time to breath now and your whole system has gone into shock - doesn't understand where the time has come from!! Take care - and hello to the BC. Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until I started ww I never ate breakfast either....but have found since then I have to eat it, like you even fruit and yogurt is enough to start the day off properly....

    I am with you...hurry on summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find breakfast really hard but make a real effort now to eat it as I always feel heaps better. And can't wait till spring had a lovely weekend here weather wise this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts