A touch of summer ....

That’s almost what it felt like on Sunday. Started off chilly but then the sun shone through. For the first time in god knows how many weeks it wasn’t raining on a Sunday. It felt so good and I knew where I was heading. The garden. Badly in need of some weed pulling. There we were quite happily working away – me out the front, Col out the back pulling the pungas down. We’re having a bit of a working bee in the next couple of weeks, everything can be cleared and loaded onto the trailer. Have to get ready for spring and summer. Which is only 20 days away.

Environment Planning ……

Planning is almost finished. Already had the outcome but hopefully all will be in place in the next day or too. Now I look back and think why didn't I do something sooner.

Food has been on the edge as I did not get any groceries over the weekend and I’ve been pushing it the last couple of days because the cupboards are starting to look a bit empty. So lunchtime today I went out and replenished a few things before I started making a few bad choices.

For the record though last Thursday we had morning tea for someone who just passed an exam at work. It was full of savouries, club sandwiches and ham and cheese sticks. I found myself feeling Moorish all day and it was like I was grazing or wanting to graze all the time. All those carbs. I felt quite blah.

So back into it.

Comments

  1. I'm glad someone had some decent weather, we have had rain for weeks now. I'm hoping it will be better in the big smoke! Grazing... yep know all about that right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the most of the sun in the weekend as well and attacked the garden - yuk what a job!!

    Love your reminders about how close spring is, been a long, long winter:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt it great when the sun is out, you feel so much better, the rain makes me depressed cause I cant get outside, turns me into a grumpy tart lol
    Summer is coming, just not fast enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know what you mean about carbs... blergh... I have had nothign but mashed potato and rice and rice cakes all week and feel like a whale... a very lethargic whale...
    I also gained 0.8 this week..doh... I knew I would but i still ate it!
    I hope you are doin ok tho.. sorry i havent been about... lifes a bit stressful at the mo...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts