Ok ....here goes

I had a lovely birthday “week”, lol.

I managed to get a good night’s sleep the night before, had a bit of a pamper and woke up quite refreshed. Thank god.

Caught up with Jaxx and Lynise in Tauranga for lunch which was lovely. Forgot the camera. As usual the time passed all too quickly.

Got home to lots of lovely flowers and chocs from the kids and my mum and sis. Mr T was a bit down in the dumps because I told him he wasn’t allowed to buy me anything. Not even flowers. We had a big discussion about this, but things are a wee bit tight at the moment and he is a big spender. I would rather pay my bills and buy food than have a present. But don’t feel sorry for me. I’m on the lookout for a ring – not to mention the one I’ve been dropping serious hints about for my wedding anniversary.

Friday we went out fishing – unfortunately no fish was caught. It was a little bit rough and even Mr T got a bit of a queasy tummy. Probably the bourbons from the night before methinks. So we headed back into the harbour where it was calmer and dangled our lines in just in case.

The rest of the time we just relaxed. Did nothing and it was bliss. Caught up on the housework and spent lots of time in the pool. I don’t know what we would do without the pool and because it’s covered we can stay out there for as long as we want without getting burnt. This heat is just diabolical. I just can’t spend more than 10 mins outside in this heat. The nights are so sticky. I went out and bought another two fans for the bedroom to cool us down so we could to sleep. I have them on all night.

I have suffered for my days off last week though. I’ve been full on and working late every night this week. But I’ve survived and I’m so looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow morning.

So things are plodding along here nicely. No dramas which is fantastic. Makes for an interesting change. I’m quite liking boring.

I haven’t jumped on the scales for awhile. I don’t think I wanted to give myself a fright, but I should have. After feeling blah, big and bloated all week this morning I feel the opposite. My skirts hanging loose on me and I “feel” lighter.

Maybe I’ll do a weigh in the morning.

Anyhow I’m outta here – have a great weekend all. Stay cool.

Comments

  1. I agree - boring is good!

    Lovely to be a bit spoiled for your birthday:-)

    We've had the hot temperatures as well, then today it just plummeted, so sitting with a sweatshirt on and only a few days ago it was in the 30's in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I would KILL for a pool right now.. it's been so very hot here! I could melt. Hmmmm... wonder if that's a good way to lose weight? Melting.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh hope the scales do tell you some good news....

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yip - I'm with the boring is good too !!!
    Sorry you didn't catch any fish - glad you had a good time anyway.
    Have a great weekend and take care.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love a pool, I am thinking of getting a spa pool,just have to convice the husband that is would be a good idea hmmmm
    Glad you had a good birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts