Scale Avoidance ......

There's no way I'm getting on any scales in the next few days. This past week I have been such a pig and I just can't seem to stop eating. It's not that I'm hungry I just have this urge to eat all the time.

I'm really disgusted in myself. I just have to find a way back. My portion sizes are just getting ridiculous.

I don't want to think of food. I don't want food to consume my waking thoughts. But they are. At least during my work day. Which probably is the problem. At work I've allowed bad habits to sneak in. I tend to graze quite a bit. I sit behind a computer all day and sometimes I just get restless and bored and I compensate by getting up and going to see what I can nibble on. Does anyone else feel like that???


I got to work something out. I'm going to buy myself a hard covered book to use as a journal and write down what I'm eating, times I'm eating, TOM and all that and especially HOW I FEEL. I've never tracked 100% before. I do it online but some days I don't get on the computer, like the weekends. And yes I know, all the success blogs I've read have all said that. Write it down!!!!

My fridge is looking sad and tired too. Maybe it's reflecting how I'm feeling about food at the moment. That can have a bit of an overhaul this weekend. Get some fresh fruit and veges and healthy stuff.

I also think a trip to Briscoes might be in order and I'll try to find some smaller plates which and bowls which hopefully will help with my portion sizes. I need to start taking positive action.

I have no jeans. My zip busted in my last pair. Well I do have jeans but I can't fit them, never have either. They're the kind that you buy when they're on special and a great bargain and you think you'll wear them when you've lost some weight.

The weather will change soon. I need jeans. I don't need to buy anymore, I just need to fit the ones I have.

I'm going to pore through my old weight watchers books and check what I was doing when I lost weight before. If I did it then and it worked then I can damn well do it again.

If I come across any tips I'll let you know, if you have any then please share....

Comments

  1. Diet tips? If I had the answer to that, I would be a skinny and rich author of diet books.

    But your post got me working on it. Check out
    The diet tip links I just posted on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to your feelings on this entry. I work from home and boredom is where I come unstuck. I end up heading to the pantry, fridge - just for a look!

    Maybe don't buy the foods that tempt you, well if you do keep them out of sight.

    Go and do the big shop, stock up on healthy foods that you like so that you don't feel deprived. Lots of fresh fruit and veges. There are some lovely fruits about at the moment.

    Treat yourself for good days with non food treat.

    Good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh good luck with the food.... I really don't know why we eat crap we never feel any better after we have done yet we sabotage ourselves day after day....Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that I ate a lot more when I was working than when I am at home - probably because it is easier to get food at work than at home from our empty pantry !!!
    I do eat when I am bored and have found that I try to do something to keep my mind occupied - that way I don't think of food.
    I have found that I use a bread plate / side plate for my dinner and have been able to control my portion sizes much better.
    I belong to a forum called We Are Slimming (WAS) and we have been doing a 12 week challenge which started at the beginning of the year - we are up to week 8 but will be starting another challenge at the end of the 12 weeks if you are interested in joining. I have lost nearly 5kgs since the first week of Jan because it is helping to keep me honest !!!
    Good luck and take care.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean bout the bored at work, I spend a lot of time on my own and we zlways have biscuits, so on a wet winters day and its to miserable to go outside and sun myself (lol) I head to the cupboard and eat a biscuit or two and then regret it for the rest of the day...its so stupid I buy the books, read the books and still I do all the wrong things (lol) but we are only human and just have to make the best choices we can and be here for each other to suppowrt and encourage. Have a great weekend - enjoy yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the same boat mate... I have one pair of jeans that still fit... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm any thoughts of "diets"and healthy eating have gone out the window these past few days.....grrrrrrrrr at me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heelloooo, did you just pinch my post, I could have written that post verbatim! If you get any idease please pass them on!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts